New satv A arms and issues with camber

D

Dnavcrew

Dec 18, 2020
Owasso
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi all new to the site. Last month I purchased a almost new 2019 talon 1000R. Have never owned any sxs besides some China crap gocarts in 09, always been a bike or 4wheeler guy. Anyway first weekend out I hit Disney OK. On the second day I ran into a low cut stump and bent my lower left A arm. Still drivable. When I got home I ordered a set or the super atv high clearance arms. Beside having to carefully remove the c clips from the bushings the install for the lowers went ok. Using the instructions though to measure 23 3/16’s was a pain because to me if you say “make
measurements to this and install” that should be it. Then they want you to check camber which involves more tools and Removals/installs. Because of what I do, I decided to check the camber. Right side took about 5 turns to bring camber to 0.5- At this point I re zeroed the gauge and the left is 2.5 + even before I started. I started to check the mounts, welds and parts for damage but all look and scale straight. I moved the left out until 7turns in front and 8 in the rear. This only resulted in a 0 camber. I ran out of time and patience and left it. I’m headed to little Sahara for the weekend but now I’m wondering how much thread is left in the A arm. Has anyone gone to this extreme to actually measure camber and had these issues?

1D02ACFA 3A9C 4F0E BE49 C70FD3EC6C52 13A66E47 25E7 4185 B943 28ED959BEE7B

Reactions: TripleB
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I bought and didn’t care for the super atv arms. Setting up was a pain and one side was screwed way in and the other way out. Sold and bought l&w arms. Provided more clearance and had no adjustment but setup was spot on. Also bushings came with and easy to replace compared to stock.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought and didn’t care for the super atv arms. Setting up was a pain and one side was screwed way in and the other way out. Sold and bought l&w arms. Provided more clearance and had no adjustment but setup was spot on. Also bushings came with and easy to replace compared to stock.
I agree, and such a simple fix. I got sick of taking the a arms lose to adjust the alignment.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good to know!

I was considering their arms for my racecar so I could change/dial in the caster and camber settings for different tracks, but after reading the above comments I think I am going to pass.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!