D

Dart44

Jun 12, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sorry, I should have clarified. I do a lot of testing and designing for different companies for UTV parts. I have access to most newer model UTVs.
For hunting I use a 1000-5 myself. Brother in-law has the talon, father drives a Ranger and the list goes on.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm interested in one with the low slot deleted like we discussed in the PM. Get one made up and then shoot me the price. And I'll definitely take some stickers for the racecar. :cool:

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I put the 10-80 dirtsports shift plate on and used it over the weekend. Honestly I'm really surprised how much I liked it over the stock one! Its so much easier to go from D to R with this plate. Plus its super easy to see as I got the brushed aluminum one. The hardest thing about the install is getting the shiftier knob off! I used a ratchet strap to the roll bar in the back. I did have to adjust my cable, but it needed adjusted anyway. Overall it was a 25 minute job.

Thanks Brian, great product!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a few black and unfinished plates with the first order that can ship now. No silver yet. More coming.

Yes, you have to remove the console for adjustment, also shifter knob for plate replacement. Takes about 15 minutes. I can do in less time now after so many times!

Order page link: Talon Shifter Plate
Installed mine for the Colorado ride and it’s awesome. Never once did it flat line....👍

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Installed mine for the Colorado ride and it’s awesome. Never once did it flat line....👍
This is exactly why I won't buy a Honda Sport model, that should have been a recall, I have been been involved in too many recalls should've been a one day deal that turns into a four day deal . Sick to death of hauling our S x S to the dealership for recall improvements, yea they take care of them, but it's a hassle , one day deal turns into a four day deal! Honda put out a product ready for prime time! And I will think about returning. No my Honda isn't going any where, took three years to get all the recalls done and I think you may have it figured out on the P1 platform.

Reactions: Isaiah
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This is exactly why I won't buy a Honda Sport model, that should have been a recall, I have been been involved in too many recalls should've been a one day deal that turns into a four day deal . Sick to death of hauling our S x S to the dealership for recall improvements, yea they take care of them, but it's a hassle , one day deal turns into a four day deal! Honda put out a product ready for prime time! And I will think about returning. No my Honda isn't going any where, took three years to get all the recalls done and I think you may have it figured out on the P1 platform.
Not that big of a deal at all. As you see, there’s been plenty of recalls and endless problems with the Pioneer. It’s certainly not just the Talon. Just go look at the shop talk forum in the Pioneer forums. They may not be rubber band driven, but the brand has its share of trouble.....🤷‍♂️

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not that big of a deal at all. As you see, there’s been plenty of recalls and endless problems with the Pioneer. It’s certainly not just the Talon. Just go look at the shop talk forum in the Pioneer forums. They may not be rubber band driven, but the brand has its share of trouble.....🤷‍♂️
Tell me about it! I already know all about the recalls and the time it takes to haul back and forth to dealership, finally got Rooster lined out and no way in hades is it leaving my hands. I will never buy another first year production anything period. I could go on but I like the DCT on the Honda's over every thing else.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Love mine! Positive shifts in all gears without adjusting the cable great product!
I had the same experience...👍

Reactions: PhilCod
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Received a new batch of plates yesterday, 9/24. Will be making more of the popular brushed aluminum finish with these. I’ll post here when they are available for purchase on my website, which will probably be Monday, 9/28. Thanks!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Received a new batch of plates yesterday, 9/24. Will be making more of the popular brushed aluminum finish with these. I’ll post here when they are available for purchase on my website, which will probably be Monday, 9/28. Thanks!

I'll have to suspend the brushed aluminum plate sales for a little while longer. I'm not happy with the clear coat adhesion to the aluminum. This last batch required more cleaning than my first batch, which could be affecting the adhesion. I'm not certain what the problem is yet so I'm researching aluminum clear coat application. Also considering changing to a stainless material for this brushed look, which would be much tougher even without a clear coat finish. So I'll be trying to sort this out because I don't want any crappy products out on the market.

In other news, I'm working on a design for a front inner cv boot guard targeting owners who are satsified with Honda's OEM plastic outer boot guard but don't want a full a-arm unit. I've got a lot going on right now post hurricane down here. Repairs to home and shop still to be made, helping other family members recover, the list goes on. Amazing how much 4-6 hours of storm winds can damage and the time to repair all of it!!!!

Thanks to all of my customers. I will continue to march forward!

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'll have to suspend the brushed aluminum plate sales for a little while longer. I'm not happy with the clear coat adhesion to the aluminum. This last batch required more cleaning than my first batch, which could be affecting the adhesion. I'm not certain what the problem is yet so I'm researching aluminum clear coat application. Also considering changing to a stainless material for this brushed look, which would be much tougher even without a clear coat finish. So I'll be trying to sort this out because I don't want any crappy products out on the market.

In other news, I'm working on a design for a front inner cv boot guard targeting owners who are satsified with Honda's OEM plastic outer boot guard but don't want a full a-arm unit. I've got a lot going on right now post hurricane down here. Repairs to home and shop still to be made, helping other family members recover, the list goes on. Amazing how much 4-6 hours of storm winds can damage and the time to repair all of it!!!!

Thanks to all of my customers. I will continue to march forward!
Thanks for the updates. Good luck with that...👍

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The custom shifter plate (low delete) Brian made for me came in the mail a couple days ago. Fit is spot on and it looks killer. Thanks a million for hooking me up!!

20201003 202140

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
OK gents, I'm looking into more color options for the Talon shifter plates and would like input from you. What colors would you like to see in the future?
Currently I offer:
Textured Black
Smooth Silver

Considering changing the textured black to a smooth black so cleaning is easier.

For future colors thinking of:
Blue
Red
Orange for X4
Working on brushed aluminum with a tough clear protection

Thanks in advance for input. Ya'll are great!

Reactions: CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Ordered the cerakote starter kit yesterday. Once I get a few practice pieces done correctly I’ll begin coating my own parts. This will not be cheaper than having parts powder coated by my manufacturing partner but it should be the best for clear coating the brushed aluminum. My partner could not clear coat aluminum and maintain the brushed look. So soon as get some practice in I’ll be listing the brushed finish shifter plates. Plates are ready, just need the protective coating. My goal is to have the best possible product for the long haul. That’s what I shop for and that’s what I will produce. I’ll keep everyone updated on progress.

Also ordered a color swatch to match coating colors to other colors. Specifically the Honda blue, red and orange.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm also considering designing a switch plate with a similar brushed aluminum finish. Looking online there are many options for this item but not in that finish.

I want to offer custom switch layouts for customers too. All I need is the basic shape that never changes and I could add any layout desired for any accessory, not only switches. Thoughts or comments?

I'm almost certain in the future I'll end up purchasing a CNC plasma table for all these ideas bouncing in my head and to provide customer parts as needed. Just need a little more business income first!! I've looked for manufacturers online and the services are out there for custom cut parts but they are super expensive per piece for a short run. Laser machine is out because of thickness limitations, and cost of course.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Brushed finish plates waiting clear coat.
54C7984B 1FEC 4BE3 B17C 38284779C5A0

Other Plates waiting for color
Coating.
E9EC9705 938D 40FB AF27 3B404710AA69

I’m just way behind due to hurricane repairs. We are finally able to get materials. Got my shop roof on this past Saturday. My dads garage is going up this Saturday. My grandpas shop roof needs a section replaced next Saturday. I have a new stove sitting in my living room waiting for wiring and installation. Amazing the havoc and disruption a 6 hour long storm unleashed!! But we will make it together.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have to make a few practice runs with these coatings but shouldn’t take much to learn with my air brush experience.
A8C667BF 7CEE 4655 8B2E 6341DD00330D
The clear is for brushed aluminum. Cerokate has an awesome video showing the toughness of this clear. Should be perfect for my shifter plates. Black and silver may replace powder coating if this stuff is so durable. I want my products to be the best.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!