highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Finally had enough non hurricane repair time this weekend to practice with the cerokote.

Got 5 brushed finish shifter plates coated with the aluminum clear and ready to go on my website. This is supposed to be one tough clear coat and looks great!

A5290F02 D629 439D 8A80 3665BBBC5CE2

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've been considering expanding shifter plate options for different operators.

My orginal shifter plate is designed for the recreational rider. The main benefit is being able to slam the shifter between R and H while retaining the lever notches for safety. I'd like to note also that I submitted this design to American Honda with a request to approve as an acceptable aftermarket part which can be made available to dealerships and will not void the Honda warranty. I'm waiting to see if Honda says anything back. Not holding my breath but it's worth a shot.

My low delete shifter plate is designed for racing applications where low is not used and for rental companies where use of low is discouraged to protect the transmission from destructive abuse. So far this has been purchased by a few rental companies as cheap transmission insurance. And I'll have one onboard Slowpoke's racing talon for the 2021 season.

Now, from my rattling cage head, I've devised two more prototype drawings for possible production. Please provide feedback if either of these designs is of interest to anyone.

The DT-S2:
DT S2 shifter plate
Again this shifter plate would be for the recreational/utility rider, allowing straight through shifting with a lever notch for safety.
This design I believe would benefit the P1000 owners also.

The DT-S3:
DT S3 shifter plate
This design is the bare minimum of shifter plates and would be a natural for Polaris converts. Safety notches are completely eliminated, assuming that all operators are responsible enough to know how to shift.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
OK gents, the latest iteration of my Talon shifter plate will be available in 2 weeks! Pretty excited about this revision because it makes the shifting even better than the original version, which was already better than OEM. I won't quit until I get a perfect product out. Even Apple didn't get the first Iphone perfect.

The new version will look like this:
DT S1

I'm currently working with my fabricator on one addition that I really want to include which will add value to the shifter plate.
Calibration marks! To more accurately set your shift cable. This addition will look something like this:
DT S1 with calibration slots Model

No one currently offers this added benefit to aid in setting the shift cable dead center on neutral. Unsure right now if the final product will look exactly like this but will at least be very similar. The small calibration marks will help reference the shift lever to center of neutral to set your cable exactly where it needs to be for excellent shifting into Low, which is where the problem is. My father-in-law spent a lot of time tuning his cable and now the thing shifts like you think it should! So, after all his work, we think it will be a good idea to include these small calibration marks to help anyone set their cable. Please let me know what you think. I'm working my tail off to get this change into production before the buzzer goes off!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OK gents, the latest iteration of my Talon shifter plate will be available in 2 weeks! Pretty excited about this revision because it makes the shifting even better than the original version, which was already better than OEM. I won't quit until I get a perfect product out. Even Apple didn't get the first Iphone perfect.

The new version will look like this:
View attachment 248672

I'm currently working with my fabricator on one addition that I really want to include which will add value to the shifter plate.
Calibration marks! To more accurately set your shift cable. This addition will look something like this:
View attachment 248673

No one currently offers this added benefit to aid in setting the shift cable dead center on neutral. Unsure right now if the final product will look exactly like this but will at least be very similar. The small calibration marks will help reference the shift lever to center of neutral to set your cable exactly where it needs to be for excellent shifting into Low, which is where the problem is. My father-in-law spent a lot of time tuning his cable and now the thing shifts like you think it should! So, after all his work, we think it will be a good idea to include these small calibration marks to help anyone set their cable. Please let me know what you think. I'm working my tail off to get this change into production before the buzzer goes off!!
That’s really cool. Can I trade in my “original version” for the real good one.....🤔

Reactions: PhilCod and Isaiah
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Meeting with my fab guys tomorrow, Jan 15, 2021 to look at and touch various samples for the calibration marks and choose one for production.

Edit:
The trick here is to not fill in and hide the small calibration marks with powder coat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh97stang
Corvettejo

Corvettejo

Jan 6, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
Meeting with my fab guys tomorrow, Jan 15, 2021 to look at and touch various samples for the calibration marks and choose one for production.

Edit:
The trick here is to not fill in and hide the small calibration marks with powder coat.
How are the color options coming along? I'm interested in a blue one.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Good news! I Picked up an order of 32 plates today and will begin shipping the pre-orders.

We ran into a little snag on the calibration marks design so I was unable to resolve that with my fab shop in time to still hit my production run window. So this batch of 32 will not include calibration marks but will be a greatly improved shifter plate compared to OEM.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Update 1/20/21:
Fab shop had to replace a bunch of silver plates due to bad cuts. Actually they said the bad cuts were caused by properties of the aluminum sheet that the laser did not like. The top of the plate was perfect but the backside did not have a great surface at the cut so they agreed to fix that. It wouldn't have affected anything but I just didn't like the finish. Even though it's the back side of the plate, when someone receives the plate they are going to look at all surfaces of it. So late next week I'll have silver back in stock. They only powder coat every other week.

Sales have been good though! I've been surprised at the response for the new design.

Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
I got my order in the mail yesterday. I will try to install it this weekend if I get a chance.

Reactions: highpocket74
B

BuckStar

Dec 31, 2020
California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
@highpocket74 do you have any number or requests for the 2021 x4 green powder coat? I would love to jump in if there are enough request to make a production run on that color. On your site, it looks as if you are no longer offering the bare option for those thst wish it paint/power coat themselves.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!