highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Haven’t been any requests for green yet. Orange yes. Black outsells everything by a very large margin so production is geared toward that. First run of the new plates I did not have any unfinished but next time I will for those that want custom colors. Also I will check with powder coat on minimum required for colors and see if I can expand the choices. I really need a color swatch to match colors the best possible.

Reactions: Isaiah and BuckStar
B

BuckStar

Dec 31, 2020
California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Haven’t been any requests for green yet. Orange yes. Black outsells everything by a very large margin so production is geared toward that. First run of the new plates I did not have any unfinished but next time I will for those that want custom colors. Also I will check with powder coat on minimum required for colors and see if I can expand the choices. I really need a color swatch to match colors the best possible.
Is there any harm in running the plate bare until I have a few items ready for powder coating? I am looking at a few options for front/rear bumpers, but no one is running the green color as of yet.
thanks for the info,
Steve

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
OK. Talked to the fab shop yesterday about adding colors. They are going to shoot me a price for this. The black and silver are colors they normally use for other products so that kept the cost down so far. Adding colors that they don't use for anything else will increase the cost. The good news is I was able to match red, orange and blue to color swatch samples. My wife assisted with colors matching! They did not have a color sample remotely close for the green.

I'll post the custom color costs here once I receive some input from fab and you guys let me know what you think. I'm sure the added cost is why other companies don't offer an array of custom colors but I also look at this as a void to fill.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just got my shifter plate installed. It looks great. After I adjusted my shifter cable I was able to test shift into low gear several times without any issues. This new shift gate is smooth shifting through the gears. Well done. 👍

E82BC2B4 BBB5 4783 8C1C 47799FFF132D

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Ordered Talon Red, Talon Blue, and Talon Orange X4 powder colors today. Hope these sell to the customaholics out there in Talon land!!:p

Update:
Ordered a batch of plates today with new colors scheduled for fab and coating and should be available week of Feb. 8, 2021. Now listed on website taking pre-orders for anyone interested. Store link here. I'll upload color pics as soon as plates are in my hands.

My wife assisted with the color matching for each machine under the same light source to get an accurate match. We used the colored plastic at the center console for matching to a standard RAL #### powder color code swatch.

I'm striving to offer the best Talon shifter plate for fit, function and color options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Will be picking up a batch of Red, Blue, Orange, and Silver Talon plates today. I can't wait to see how the colors came out!! Pictures will be posted soon for those interested in colored plates.

Thanks to all my customers here on the forum. You have been a blessing to me and an inspiration that someone would want things that I have designed. It's been very encouraging as I continue to develop a line of Talon storage boxes. Oh, I should also be picking up the first X2 driver side under seat storage box today to see how it looks and fits.

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I want a bare aluminum unfinished please. Im sending stuff to the powder coater this week anyways. I have the black and green x4 so sublime green will be my color.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I dont know why this didnt alert me from your reply sunday.....🤬🤬🤬
But thank you sir my order is in

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I dont know why this didnt alert me from your reply sunday.....🤬🤬🤬
But thank you sir my order is in
No problem. Technology! I had actually pulled the part for you and had it waiting. I'll get it packaged up for you when I get home from work today and ship it out tomorrow.

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
For real....doesnt give me a reply to me but a generic comment does. Thanks so much cant wait to get it coated to match and installed

Reactions: highpocket74
L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hey brother just checking to see if it was shipped yet? I have checked and it shows the same in transit spot.

L

Lilred02

Feb 7, 2021
Debary Fl
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Copy that I dropped my other stuff at the powder coater yesterday and he redropped it today I was hoping lol. No problem I told him that would be here soon

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey i'd like to order one in red, but the website won't ship to Canada?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!