highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Welcome from SW Washington! You’ll love the X, but your expectation of minimum modifications will likely get expanded somewhat as you ride it more! Depending on your style of riding and the terrain, you may find that the suspension is just too stiff to be comfortable, especially as you’ve already noted in the rear! I just got my shocks/springs back from Shock Therapy and haven’t had the chance to take it out yet, but can already tell the trail riding will be vastly improved. Additionally, as some have noted, if you ride in dusty conditions the air filter life span will be unacceptable, unless you like installing a new $50 air filter every 100 mikes! I’m still hoping someone will soon come out with an ascetically acceptable and affordable snorkel or air intake relocation kit of some sort.
Beyond those things, you’ll get used to the shifting transmission and a few other quirks and learn to love the Talon!

Wife got the Warn winch and front bumper installed for my birthday on the 21st. Looks nice!

Reactions: Glock21user
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
IMG 6019

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I need to take pictures of the dash switch and remote switch. They are nice rubberized units, the whole thing. Should be waterproof and easy to handle in a muddy mire.

Honda install requires the front bumper also. They replace the top dash storage pocket with switchplate cover. I only have the winch and i think there are 5 or 6 switch spaces on the plate.

Eventually I'll add a front light bar, rear chase bar, and in cab lights. Cab lights are one thing I did like on my rzr roof. Chase bar for dusty conditions when I'm leading the ride group.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
My Talon X4 won’t fit in my toy hauler with the bumper, and I don’t want to loose any dash storage space to switches. So I will be doing something different.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Superatv makes a winch plate that fits with the stock bumper. That's what I was planning to do. I didn't mind losing the dash cubby though for the switch plate. I rarely keep anything in those.
Yes, that’s what I went with, the winch and winch plate are setting in my garage. I’ve just been preoccupied and haven’t installed them yet. Also I plan to come up with something innovative for switching locations, just haven’t put my mind to it yet.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from SW Washington! You’ll love the X, but your expectation of minimum modifications will likely get expanded somewhat as you ride it more! Depending on your style of riding and the terrain, you may find that the suspension is just too stiff to be comfortable, especially as you’ve already noted in the rear! I just got my shocks/springs back from Shock Therapy and haven’t had the chance to take it out yet, but can already tell the trail riding will be vastly improved. Additionally, as some have noted, if you ride in dusty conditions the air filter life span will be unacceptable, unless you like installing a new $50 air filter every 100 mikes! I’m still hoping someone will soon come out with an ascetically acceptable and affordable snorkel or air intake relocation kit of some sort.
Beyond those things, you’ll get used to the shifting transmission and a few other quirks and learn to love the Talon!
I just finished following hondabob's photos on his snorkel. I'm very happy with the results. His 6000 and 10,000 mile reports have excellent photos and part numbers. He keeps the stock air intake chamber silencer which I like - I don't want to listen to the intake drone all day.

Three parts are needed - the 3" rubber connecting hose is a NAPA turbo hose and <$60. There's enough for at least 3 kits. The hard plastic riser is a Teryx belt vent tube. The way I chose to do it, the tube is enough for 2 kits and <#30 including shipping. Last is the 3" Uni pod filter UP-6300ST 2 stage and <$30 with shipping, so <$120> all in, with parts left over.
I gXGK7GX L

I vVGqTf8 L

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Steve
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I actually have been thinking about this air filtration system since reading on this forum. I’m a cad person in petrochemical field. I’ve made a few idea sketches to address this problem. I need to get on and build some prototypes to test.

• Love
Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I actually have been thinking about this air filtration system since reading on this forum. I’m a cad person in petrochemical field. I’ve made a few idea sketches to address this problem. I need to get on and build some prototypes to test.
Check out hondabob's 6,000 and 10,000 mile Talon reports, there are several photos showing his solution - it may help you with ideas.

From underneath before replacing the inner fender liner.
I 7HPhcsr M

Reactions: Lil_Steve
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
New CA Technologies shifter plate installed. This is a nice piece of hardware. Much needed improvement for quick shifts.

View attachment 186989

Update:
Guess I'll be removing the CA shifter plate. During front diff seal visit to local honda, service department recommends not installing because Honda will not warranty any transmission problems with this shifter plate installed. Service department says it could and will jump out of gear. Said proven on Pioneers. I disagree because my Polaris didn't have a notched shifter plate like OEM Honda and you could jam it into R or L while moving also. I'm Finding that Honda has become very nit picky about certain things. Probably put the OEM air filter back in too just so I don't have problems with warranty coverage. I have a 5 year warranty on this puppy! Even though it's Honda, this was first year model and I learned on Polaris extended warranty is worth more than every penny!!

Reactions: CID and TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!