P1000 new tire order ?

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
m going to order 4 28x10x14 carnivore tires with rims, on the order for a honda it comes with 2 with 4-3, and 2 with 2+5, why would that be?I can get tusk terabites with all 4+3 for 500 dollars cheaper,wheres the best value?used on farm and hunting,also what are beadlock wheels and are they necessary?somebody hurry up and answer so I dont add another question>ha

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple answers: beadlocks are not needed for your use, more for rock crawlers.

Without going back and reviewing all my offset understanding, if you put all four of the same wheels and tires on a Pioneer, your front stance will be wider than your rear, so I'd guess they're selling you a set to even them out. You can also accomplish this with spacers on the rear. The advantage here is rotatability.

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Couple answers: beadlocks are not needed for your use, more for rock crawlers.

Without going back and reviewing all my offset understanding, if you put all four of the same wheels and tires on a Pioneer, your front stance will be wider than your rear, so I'd guess they're selling you a set to even them out. You can also accomplish this with spacers on the rear. The advantage here is rotatability.
i recently upgraded to 281014 carnivores on Tusk wheels with offset of 5+2. My stock steel wheels were ~1/2 inch diff in overall stance width when i measured. After the swap, they are still about a half inch diff, just in other direction. Fronts stayed same, rear were just narrower by a little over an inch overall. I opted not to add spacers in rear. Half inch was close enough for me. Also, i figured i could always add later, but now don't think i will. Good to have same on all corners, allowing to rotate. Considered the tusk terrabites for much less, but they are not as good in snow as carnivores.

Reactions: ChadD and Buckslayr
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i recently upgraded to 281014 carnivores on Tusk wheels with offset of 5+2. My stock steel wheels were ~1/2 inch diff in overall stance width when i measured. After the swap, they are still about a half inch diff, just in other direction. Fronts stayed same, rear were just narrower by a little over an inch overall. I opted not to add spacers in rear. Half inch was close enough for me. Also, i figured i could always add later, but now don't think i will. Good to have same on all corners, allowing to rotate. Considered the tusk terrabites for much less, but they are not as good in snow as carnivores.
I have Kimpex tracks so maybe I will get the terrabites, doesn’t hurt to save a little

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!