P1000m5 New to forum and utv

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
Just got our Honda yesterday love and and just found this forum 32f02be370c3231a6f3eadbcfbc8f04d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JACKAL and joeymt33
PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
Welcome aboard Dnorris......you'll enjoy the site and all the wonderful folks here.
If you have any questions about your new ride, or need assistance with upgrades just ask one of the experts here on the board.
Love the new ride.....enjoy.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! Look forward to seeing more pics of your ride in action! What mods if any do you have planned? First off, modify that stock intake! Running through mud puddles can be fatal. Search for the "catastrophic failure" thread. I may just be paranoid, but I'd recommend that to anyone

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
First on list are winch,rear view mirror,top and windshield. Although I've been browsing and trying to figure out the differences in windshield. Also wanting to add some lights and radio

Reactions: Delton
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club Dnorris1369. You will really enjoy it here. It can be a little addicting. :)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First on list are winch,rear view mirror,top and windshield. Although I've been browsing and trying to figure out the differences in windshield. Also wanting to add some lights and radio

That sounds exactly like my first wish list word for word lol. I got mine in January so a windshield was a top priority lol. As mentioned in previous post, prepare to be addicted. You and ups driver will be on a 1st name basis lol.

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
Which windshield did you go with. I didn't know there were so many choices

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the Honda hard coat flip windshield. Personally I don't think it does squat with it flipped up. I can barely feel any air coming through. On the good side, during hot months, you can easily remove the top portion and just run with the lower.

Reactions: jawquin
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love the Honda hard top. That thing is next to indestructible lol. I've pushed leaning trees out of the way with it lol. Got the Superwinch terra45 winch, and S&S aluminum full skid plate with a-arm guards. There are dozens of different choices out there and I haven't really heard anyone complain about any of them. The aftermarket is slowly catching on.
If you like going through challenging terrain, you will be impressed with your purchase. Mine still amazes me what it will crawl over/through.

Reactions: joeymt33
D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
What do u mean doesn't do squat when flipped up. Not happy with it? Yea hard top on the list too

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. Accessories are addicting! I'm starting to believe the cheap part was buying the rig! Lol

BlueCollarGuy7007

BlueCollarGuy7007

Mar 2, 2016
DFW Texas

First off, welcome aboard & congrats on the new Honda. It amazes me how much I use the rearview mirror. A fellow hunter suggested I get one & glad I did so you are right to want one -makes backing up & keeping an eye on what is in the bed much easier. I installed the 2 piece hard coat windshield, have put it through the paces & pleased w/ it. It has taken it's share of tree limb abuse w/ out damage & being able to open @ the split make a big difference of how much dust I get inside the cab while driving down the dirt county roads. I also installed the hard top, winch (that was a chore) front brush guard & rear bumper that are well used. Good luck, enjoy & welcome again.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do u mean doesn't do squat when flipped up. Not happy with it? Yea hard top on the list too

Sorry I mean it flips up for airflow but I don't feel any. May just be me but was disappointed with that part of it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And Bluecollar is dead on bout the rear view being useful. I was gonna do side mirrors but I'm afraid I'd just ruin them. You can see everything behind you and most of both sides with the rearview.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!