JC_Natural

JC_Natural

Feb 12, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
First post from a lurker.

I came across a deal on a lightly used 2016 P1000-5 Deluxe and couldn't resist. Previous owner used it on their land and when I arrived I couldn't believe how great of condition it was in. 100 hours with less than 500 miles as of January of this year. The machine was completely stock with the exception of a Honda OEM windshield, roof, warn 5k winch, OEM skids. Fortunately for me she had maintained the machine religiously using the local dealer and performed all recall work, including the clutch update.

The last few months I have been splitting time between reading every post on this forum, unboxing UPS deliveries, and managing the wife's expectations on when the spending would end. I'm close to what I want now with the "necessities" installed and just a few wish list items pending. This forum has been great, every question I've had has been asked/answered in a post somewhere and I couldn't have done this without the community. Thanks to all of you who put in the time to educate the newbies on this machine.

Only one good weekend ride in the books so far at Fourche Mountain in the Ouachita National Forest here in Arkansas. Great trail system that had some truly challenging sections for those of us new to SxS wheeling. The OEM rock sliders sustained a few beauty marks but I intend to use the machine to do what it is designed for. Pictures below with a list of what I've done so far.

Mods:
  • Dual battery set-up
    • Mighty Max aux battery
    • Club store Isolator kit
    • Stinger to fuse panel for key-on power
    • Club store key-on power harness
  • PBR switch panel w/ cupholders
  • Highlifter snorkel kit
    • Lightly modified end to terminate lower (full length didn't fit well with OEM windshield and I don't plan to roleplay as a submarine)
  • Bayouownbeer's vent line kit
    • Great kit, awesome instructions, highly recommend
  • Cali Raised 54" curved light bar
    • Ebay upper ROPS mount, we will see how long it takes me to rip this off in the trees
  • PBR Rear-light pods
  • CFAB high-clearance offset a arms front/rear
  • Sedona Storm 14" beadlocks 5+2
  • Outback Max 30x10x14 all around
  • Superatv spacers 1" front / 2" rear
    • Not sure how I feel about width, may swap 1" to rear and remove front
  • HMF Titan QS in Blackout
  • White bucket from home depot for the obligatory bucket clearance pic
Wish list:
  • Sound bar
    • Currently using a portable bose that works surprisingly well
    • Thinking about the Wetsounds 6/10 and a sub if I'm feeling dangerous
  • PV3 and florida cracker tune
    • Want some seat time on the new setup before deciding if I need this
  • Suspension
    • Thinking about Walker Evans, maybe Elka/Fox but haven't decided - WE is way out on production which might influence my decision
  • Maybe change windshield to SuperATV flip-up and a tinted roof down the road
  • Sometime before winter soft door uppers and a rear panel for hunting season, heater should be covered with the built in heated bench seat
Feel free to offer any advice on things I need to spend more money on or items on the wish list you would or would not recommend. Very happy with the machine so far, my buddy bought a new General and it seems to keep up well with that machine as long as I avoid any head-to-head racing.

Also, camber is about -.5 to -1 all around, interested in thoughts on adjusting closer to 0.

TL;DR bought a used Pioneer, spent alot on mods, time to go break things...

20210401 094703
20210401 094803
20210401 094717 2
20210401 094848
20210401 101439
20210401 101502
20210401 101516
20210401 101552
20210401 101618
20210401 101629
20210401 101640
20210401 101832

JC_Natural

JC_Natural

Feb 12, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
That's a good looking machine. How loud does that HMF make the machine? I'd be interested in a short video sound-bite if you'd have time.
I'll get you a sound clip, it's slightly louder but by no means "loud". It is the QS version, I would say its about the same volume as the transmission now and only really hear it in certain RPM ranges. Mostly notice it at start for a few seconds, when at WOT, and a little on decel.

Wormz72

Wormz72

Jan 4, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll get you a sound clip, it's slightly louder but by no means "loud". It is the QS version, I would say its about the same volume as the transmission now and only really hear it in certain RPM ranges. Mostly notice it at start for a few seconds, when at WOT, and a little on decel.
Excellent. Thank you for the info. Looking forward to hearing it.

Reactions: Lady01 and red1329
JC_Natural

JC_Natural

Feb 12, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
Excellent. Thank you for the info. Looking forward to hearing it.
I made you a video but am having a hard time getting it to a size I can post - below is the thread I found while searching for the same sound before buying the HMF. Hope this helps.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not a purple Dinosaur. Please don’t be one either. Welcome to the club and snazzy rig buddy!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!