P1000 new wheel suggestions?

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have a 21 P1K-3 that i picked up in May. Lookin to upgrade from the steel wheels and crappy stock tires. Pretty sure on tires, which is more than half the battle. haha Going with Maxis Carnivores 28 10 14s on all corners, but no clue which wheels to get. Originally thought i'd get beadlocks, but have decided against that for my use. And i'm not a big fan of the fake beadlock look that so many have. Any suggestions on aftermarket wheels? 4x137, 14x7 5+2offset. (& from what i've read, i may end up adding 1" spacer in rear) Any help or opinions appreciated.

Resized 20210903 092937

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know which brands are good or bad, but I'd suggest going to Rocky Mountain ATV and browsing.
Once you eliminate the fake beadlocks, you'll easily have 5 wheels to choose from. :cool:
Truth is, they have quite a large selection.

I'll do a different write up when I'm done with my project, but I bought this Tusk - Faux Beadlock rim for my spare (Ebay $70). It is 14x7 with a 5-2 offset so it will work front and back. As a spare, I'm not going to worry about spacers or good tires. I think you'll need the 1" spacers if you're running 5-2's on the rear.
And patting myself on the back, I mounted the tire. Was my first ever. I did minimal damage to the rim, and used rachet straps and a Ryobi 18v Plus One inflator to seat the bead.
IMG 2928

Last edited:
Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
installed tires & wheels this morning - now ready for snow! should have bought em when i first started lookin four months ago. prices jumped twice that i noticed- ended up $200 higher than when i first priced em. Best price i found was at Rocky mtn atv - well better than a couple other sites i saw others recommend. ended up being over $1400 mounted & delivered! but i'm sure it's not going to get any better any time soon. Went with a tusk cascade wheel (non beadlock) that looked to be easier to clean up and keep clean. Downside of many wheel options IMO are all the little intricate grooves and crevices that are a pain to clean. Cascades had good reviews, specifically mentioning easy cleanup. Tires were spendy, but know they are good for my use. Maxis carnivore 28x10x14 - biggest to clear complete stock.

New shoes Nov21 New shoes Nov21 Frenchman Butte

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
installed tires & wheels this morning - now ready for snow! should have bought em when i first started lookin four months ago. prices jumped twice that i noticed- ended up $200 higher than when i first priced em. Best price i found was at Rocky mtn atv - well better than a couple other sites i saw others recommend. ended up being over $1400 mounted & delivered! but i'm sure it's not going to get any better any time soon. Went with a tusk cascade wheel (non beadlock) that looked to be easier to clean up and keep clean. Downside of many wheel options IMO are all the little intricate grooves and crevices that are a pain to clean. Cascades had good reviews, specifically mentioning easy cleanup. Tires were spendy, but know they are good for my use. Maxis carnivore 28x10x14 - biggest to clear complete stock.

View attachment 305263 View attachment 305264
I really like that tire & wheel combo. Good choice.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!