KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I have said it many times here, the Trigger Shield is one of the best purchases I have made for my P5. With cold weather here, I have considered removing it until spring to allow the heat to come through. The thing that holds me back is the noise and dust reduction that the shield provides. It is such an easy install and removal, I may just go ahead.. then decide if the increased heat is worth the extra dust and noise. Thanks again @trigger for creating this product!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have said it many times here, the Trigger Shield is one of the best purchases I have made for my P5. With cold weather here, I have considered removing it until spring to allow the heat to come through. The thing that holds me back is the noise and dust reduction that the shield provides. It is such an easy install and removal, I may just go ahead.. then decide if the increased heat is worth the extra dust and noise. Thanks again @trigger for creating this product!

Thanks @KYgal83 . What's funny is that it wasn't my intention going in to address noise and dust, just the heat. Fortunately it helped with those issues too. I thought the P5 was bad with holes and open areas until I saw what other brands have produced. I've had the opportunity to see several different machines now and the newer ones are getting better at sealing these areas up. They still benefit from a shield as it's just plastic separating passengers from the engine compartment. Seems like some manufacturers just didn't care at all though. Made one for an Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail a few weeks ago and it was seriously WFO under and behind the seats. No plastics at all, remove the seat and you were looking at the engine. Under the seat was the skid plate with huge drainage holes where you could see the ground, I thought "that's it"? OMG!
These are pretty close to being available for lots of different machines and, for some of them, it would be downright stupid not to get one. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that ride must be.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have you considered a 3 sided flap at the center seat belt area hole for heat? Secure back with duct tape in summer? I cut such a flap for the oil filter access hole mod cut out.

advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks @KYgal83 . What's funny is that it wasn't my intention going in to address noise and dust, just the heat. Fortunately it helped with those issues too. I thought the P5 was bad with holes and open areas until I saw what other brands have produced. I've had the opportunity to see several different machines now and the newer ones are getting better at sealing these areas up. They still benefit from a shield as it's just plastic separating passengers from the engine compartment. Seems like some manufacturers just didn't care at all though. Made one for an Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail a few weeks ago and it was seriously WFO under and behind the seats. No plastics at all, remove the seat and you were looking at the engine. Under the seat was the skid plate with huge drainage holes where you could see the ground, I thought "that's it"? OMG!
These are pretty close to being available for lots of different machines and, for some of them, it would be downright stupid not to get one. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that ride must be.
It was a great happenstance! Our first sxs was a 2009 Teryx that roasted my butt no matter what the season, (when it ran) it definitely could have used a Trigger shield! Glad to see you branching out to other models and brands! Congratulations!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!