Newbie here... Whats a Trigger Shield?

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've been lurking a couple of weeks now and just posted my intro a few minutes ago. Here's my first of many more questions. I keep seeing posts about a trigger shield. This may seem like a dumb question, but I have no idea what a trigger shield is. I assume it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with hunting?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've been lurking a couple of weeks now and just posted my intro a few minutes ago. Here's my first of many more questions. I keep seeing posts about a trigger shield. This may seem like a dumb question, but I have no idea what a trigger shield is. I assume it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with hunting?
Seat heat shield, they work!

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You could, but I would just add a layer of clothing in the winter and leave it.
I understand. Won't know until I actually have the machine how it'll be used in the winter. I certainly do bird in the winter, but don't know yet if I'll enclose it and add a heater, or just bundle up really good.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I understand. Won't know until I actually have the machine how it'll be used in the winter. I certainly do bird in the winter, but don't know yet if I'll enclose it and add a heater, or just bundle up really good.

Do you use a tripod and spotting scope for birding? Do you take pictures, if so what lens magnification.

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Do you use a tripod and spotting scope for birding? Do you take pictures, if so what lens magnification.
I've used tripods and gimbal mounts before, but sold them. I prefer to hand-hold, especially for birds in flight. I'm using a Sony a9 and Sony 200-600 tele-zoom. BTW, I'd love to post some of my bird pics here, but I'm not sure if it's really appropriate considering the primary reason for this site. Maybe in one of the "miscellaneous" sub-threads? Is there a "what did you do while riding" type thread?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've used tripods and gimbal mounts before, but sold them. I prefer to hand-hold, especially for birds in flight. I'm using a Sony a9 and Sony 200-600 tele-zoom. BTW, I'd love to post some of my bird pics here, but I'm not sure if it's really appropriate considering the primary reason for this site. M aybe in one of the "miscellaneous" sub-threads? Is there a "what did you do while riding" type thread?
Start a Thread in Off Topics, that would be great! Click the Forums button, up left and scroll almost all the way down to the bottom. Locate Off Topics and create a new thread, there will be several threads there everything from under water basket weaving to making your own solar shield hat, just kidding! Some pretty neat threads there.

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
BTW, when I say I do birding, that's not technically correct. I'm a bird photographer--it's just easier to say birder. If I don't get a decent photograph of a bird, it'd doesn't go on my "list". Just a personal standard. I'll also photograph other wildlife, if it stands still long enough. But my primary goal will always be birds, particularly any kind of raptor. The SXS will hopefully get me to somewhat remote places that my car can't get to, and my reduced mobility won't let me hike to.

advertisement
S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Start a Thread in Off Topics, that would be great! Click the Forums button, up left and scroll almost all the way down to the bottom. Locate Off Topics and create a new thread, there will be several threads there everything from under water basket weaving to making your own solar shield hat, just kidding! Some pretty neat threads there.
Thanks for the suggestion. Be warned, you guys will be sick of eagle pics in a week!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

PM @trigger for purchase.

Welcome. Had the original batch, maybe 4 years ago, still fine. Install and never look back.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
EszHaUfdSvOHu1FFDHciYg

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks to many members and friends of members, these will soon be available for all machines and receiving a name change. Thanks to Walter @jrplaza2008 I have a bunch of these stickers on hand and ready to go out with orders.
I've ridden in some of these but have nothing to compare it to. Thanks to the guys that gave me their time and played guinea pig having them installed, they tell me they work.
@Raynman - P1k
@Glock21user - P700
@TripleB - P1k
@Squeegee - Talon
@906UP - Talon
Also have two Can Am models and a Rzr. Making one for the Rmax next weekend.

Quick ShieldStamp

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Triggers shield made an absolutely huge difference.
As many miles in as many conditions and the wife and I are extremely satisfied with how it works.
Quality of product and quality of workmanship is flawless.
Make the jump and get one, you will not regret it.

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks to many members and friends of members, these will soon be available for all machines and receiving a name change. Thanks to Walter @jrplaza2008 I have a bunch of these stickers on hand and ready to go out with orders.
I've ridden in some of these but have nothing to compare it to. Thanks to the guys that gave me their time and played guinea pig having them installed, they tell me they work.
@Raynman - P1k
@Glock21user - P700
@TripleB - P1k
@Squeegee - Talon
@906UP - Talon
Also have two Can Am models and a Rzr. Making one for the Rmax next weekend.

View attachment 302552View attachment 302553
That’s awesome! That makes the OG TriggerShield an exclusive collectors item!!!

congrats on your new business venture!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!