BOX1

P700 Newbie--Honda Split Windshield Question

B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Picked up a new 2018 700-4 deluxe 2 weeks ago, love it so far....I installed a Honda OEM Hard Coat split windshield on it (as well as bed mat, dash storage, hard roof and bed extender) and all went well. The only issue I have is the windshield "bounces/vibrates" some though where split meets base portion, in middle of windshield--not terrible, just noticeable. Trying to figure out if I'm still adjusting to it being a UTV and that it's normal, or if its a problem with how I installed it? Any feedback welcome. Have others had this "problem". Many thanks in advance!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
welcome from Pa,

D

dlotto28

Apr 29, 2018
Wy
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-3
I got some things weather stripping and put it between the pieces. It helped quite a bit.

Reactions: swsebek
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
You may be able to tweak the attachment points to see what works best.

Ours isn't too bad latched closed but it's pretty flappy in the center when riding with it popped open. Honestly I take the top section off as quickly as the weather permits.

Welcome from Missouri btw

B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
You may be able to tweak the attachment points to see what works best.

Ours isn't too bad latched closed but it's pretty flappy in the center when riding with it popped open. Honestly I take the top section off as quickly as the weather permits.

Welcome from Missouri btw
Thanks for the responses....and the welcomes! I like the idea of weatherstripping, and taking it off when I can. Funny, mine is better when its open than when closed...I may play with the attachment points some more. Its really not too bad...I'm just use to a truck with solid windshield, I think! I've already learned a lot from this forum....and will more...thanks again.

Reactions: swsebek and jinx
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Western New York! I don’t run a windshield.

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just open it so it don't hit . Just about 1\4 inch is all it takes lock it down and no noise or wind .

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I agree with every elses comments, one other thing I do in the winter/cold months is loosen the bolts on the adjusters,then with one hand push the windsheild closed with one hand and tighten the adjuster bolt to help keep it closed tight. But 99% of the time its either opened up a tad or removed completly

M

monkfarm

May 12, 2018
Pepin, WI
Ownership

1. 700-2
? Is the OEM Honda windshield a good idea, or how about the split windshield from SuperATV for $450? Looks pretty well thought out, easy to install.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!