P1000 Newbie - Snow Plow

Chap45

Chap45

Nov 25, 2015
Yep, I have the same one. I love it, it failed me last weekend though with about 30 inches of very wet snow. (It rained on about a foot of snow during a Chinook wind a couple weeks ago)

I went by the Honda dealer about a month ago and the parts guy said that they didn't have anything. I've heard of spacers, but haven't seen any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How did it fail?

Chap45

Chap45

Nov 25, 2015
I really need to stiffen up the front of the machine so we can get at least 2 more inches of clearance.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
I have the BOSS V plow on our 700-4. I absolutely love it. I have looked at the Western Impact, but I thought that BOSS looks sturdier built. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the BOSS V plow on our 700-4. I absolutely love it. I have looked at the Western Impact, but I thought that BOSS looks sturdier built. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't have a plow on my Honda, I have one on my truck. I've seen the boss on a few sxs, they look very stout. That's the first I've seen the western for a sxs. If it's as good as my western on my truck, you can't go wrong.
F8e385f448520c5ecf1b4ea7ce9be998

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger
thevinylcreator

thevinylcreator

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2016
Pleasant Lake, IN
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Boss V Plow 6'6" on my 1000-3 and love it, I did put 28" tires on so needed to add spacers on the springs to give a little lift, but all is perfect now.

IMG 20170220 171336 IMG 20170220 171327 IMG 20161217 110500

Reactions: Chap45
advertisement
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow, that Western plow looks very impressive. How much ground clearance did you sacrifice when the plow is off (if any)? I hesitate to ask what that rig ran you dollar wise, and who installed it.

I put a plow on my Foreman 400 which cost me a lot of ground clearance, and now with my Pioneer 1000 I don't want to get into that same situation. My Foreman uses a push tube mounting system that is a major problem even with the plow disconnected. I am so tired of getting in a position with the ATV hung up due to the very shallow ground clearance. I would guess that I may have max. of 4 inches of clearance which is a real pain - maybe less.

The Western system make makes me very envious indeed.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Dale are you using different shocks and springs?
I added solid front struts made to replace front shocks and it works great for the extra weight of plow. But I hate taking them off and on I need to come up with something better! I was going to heavy up springs but dont want to heavy that it makes riding no good!! any ideas or what did you do? Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I added solid front struts made to replace front shocks and it works great for the extra weight of plow. But I hate taking them off and on I need to come up with something better! I was going to heavy up springs but dont want to heavy that it makes riding no good!! any ideas or what did you do? Thanks
Hate to tell you, but that guy asked u that question back in 2017! 🤣
And he hasnt ben on the forum since 2019
Might need to send a telagram✉️

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Hate to tell you, but that guy asked u that question back in 2017! 🤣
And he hasnt ben on the forum since 2019
Might need to send a telagram✉️
I thouught that goes without saying! 🤪Many people look at these posts on the regular for info, so i was doing it for that reason! also maybe start it back up to see now if anyone came up with anything better. It takes time to get to the bottom of this crap especialy when you live in a state like maryland that doesnt get much snow. Not a lot of time to test things out.🧐

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
so i was doing it for that reason!
Id belive that, but you never answered the question 7 yrs ago when he asked it🧐🥳

Just messing with ya but……

S

Stumper

Dec 30, 2023
Bandana, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just bought a 72” Denali Pro from the club store here. Got the 15% off deal. I was truly amazed at how fast the thing shipped and got here. Overall it was simple to mount and everything seemed to be quality made. Haven’t used it yet since purchase but looking forward to trying it out. My last machine had a plow with an electric actuator on it. It was good for staying down and not riding up - but also bad for the same reasons (no float). This one I’ll be relying on the winch and Blade weight. It’ll be interesting to compare the two..

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!