Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you were to cut into the factory seat mounting location would there be enough room to build mounts for them you think?
Not sure on that yet BUT I've decided not to give up. To ship these things back was going to be well over $300 so I decided to try to regroup and come up with a design that will work. Unfortunately it's looking like a pretty involved project with some frame mods and multiple component relocations.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure on that yet BUT I've decided not to give up. To ship these things back was going to be well over $300 so I decided to try to regroup and come up with a design that will work. Unfortunately it's looking like a pretty involved project with some frame mods and multiple component relocations.
That's the spirit!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been watching this hoping to do the same. That's a bummer. Kinda what i figured though. Those are pretty big bulky seats. Top of the line, but still pretty big looking.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've been watching this hoping to do the same. That's a bummer. Kinda what i figured though. Those are pretty big bulky seats. Top of the line, but still pretty big looking.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
The key is going to be making cutouts in the seat pan (or a whole new one) to lower the seats, or rather, tilt them back and move the seat as far back as possible. From what I can tell I'll have to-

1. move the intake (no problem, wanted to snorkel anyway)

2. Move the battery (also no prob, been wanting an automotive battery under the drivers seat)

3. Modify the center seatbelt mounts

4. Move various other electrical

And probably more. Should be easy right?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The key is going to be making cutouts in the seat pan (or a whole new one) to lower the seats, or rather, tilt them back and move the seat as far back as possible. From what I can tell I'll have to-

2. Move the battery (also no prob, been wanting an automotive battery under the drivers seat)

Im looking at doing it to my 1000 so a little different. But definitely gonna need to lower my seat pan. And the passenger side can only go up with the new seat because of the fuel tank

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tflynn
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If CP can knock out a cab to put top auto makers to shame, you got some seats!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

RIGHT!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Great news. Lots of pics and notes will be even more important now. I'm glad you've seen a way through this.

DrSteve

DrSteve

Dec 23, 2016
Pensacola, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm interested in putting fender flairs on my 700-4. Anyone have any ideas? Right now it throws mud everywhere and store bought flairs are expensive.

Reactions: swsebek
N

Nick1997

Jun 10, 2017
Cape Coral fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you ever end up getting the seats mounted?

Reactions: LandPioneer
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
No (hanging my head in shame) for a couple reasons- the seating position in the 700 is just to high for these seats. To lower it down would be a huge under taking requiring a ton of permanent mods. I use my 700 almost exclusively for work now and I can’t afford the downtime. Plus I’m not even sure lowering the seat pan would really work as you’d be right on top of the header.

Maybe a different seat would fit better but to me these just won’t do it

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you could find some seats from another SxS that would require less modification.

I like the bench seat. Often, I get in on the passenger side and slide across.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you could find some seats from another SxS that would require less modification.

I like the bench seat. Often, I get in on the passenger side and slide across.
The bench is better if you're in and out of the vehicle often, which is usually the case when working the Pioneer or even on a technical trail.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The bench is better if you're in and out of the vehicle often, which is usually the case when working the Pioneer or even on a technical trail.
Agreed. I've even considered removing my doors for convenience.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!