P500 no box and no tires

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
Does anyone besides me plan on just using the rack as is with no box? I bought it to trail ride and deer hunt. I think the rack will be fine to throw a deer on. i also put on several miles on muddy trails with the stock tires with no trouble. I'm keeping them too. Am I alone?

Reactions: bobbyhill
S

Sledge

Does anyone besides me plan on just using the rack as is with no box? I bought it to trail ride and deer hunt. I think the rack will be fine to throw a deer on. i also put on several miles on muddy trails with the stock tires with no trouble. I'm keeping them too. Am I alone?
Are you alone? Around here, I fear you might be, Lenny.

I felt pretty much the same way a month or so ago when I got here, and now I'm ordering stuff right and left.

Watch out! If you hang out at a bar, you just might get drunk...

Joe

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
I felt the same as you did for about a week. It truly is an awesome machine from the factory and will perform awesome as is. However a few rides with the boys and reading what mods others have made gets the old itch to going. I went with a tool box and a Strong Made rack simply for storage space and I like being the guy on the trail who has everything. To each his own these suckers are just fun to add mods to.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
There's nothing wrong with that at all! Some people just can't leave well enough alone! (Like me).

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are you alone? Around here, I fear you might be, Lenny.

I felt pretty much the same way a month or so ago when I got here, and now I'm ordering stuff right and left.

Watch out! If you hang out at a bar, you just might get drunk...

Joe

LOL the disease is called H.A.D - Honda Accessorizing Disease, followed by other symptoms of HAD is HAD money before but not after :D

Back on topic the rack is just fine, If I was going to use mine only around the place and to hunt while riding primarily alone I would store stuff in the passenger seat area but as it is there is no room with 2 people so that's why I added a box over the rack, but for versatility the rack and straps would be the way to go for hunting only.

Reactions: Lenny
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Jackal's right, just depends on what you want to use it for. Mine is mainly for plowing and trail riding so when I saw the tool box on his I knew that's the way I wanted to go. Keeps all of your tools and gear dry and locked up. I have other machines for hauling dirt and brush around the property. Can always hook a trailer on, can always take the box off for hunting season. That's the beauty of the P5...versatility.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My rear rack mod had the unexpected but welcome advantage of reducing in cab noise significantly. My buddies still running stock tires and has gone everywhere I have and no flats or sidewall slices, yet.

S

Sledge

My rear rack mod had the unexpected but welcome advantage of reducing in cab noise significantly. My buddies still running stock tires and has gone everywhere I have and no flats or sidewall slices, yet.
Well, this thread has me convinced to slow down. Maybe I'll wear the stock tires out before replacing them after all.

I do need a rack with sides and a floor, though. Sally, the pointer in my avatar, likes to ride in the back, and I like her there too, especially if she's wet or muddy. Plus, stuff doesn't need to be secured nearly as well, or not at all in some cases.

The one thing I miss about my Mule 600 is that killer heavy steel dump bed with a tailgate.

But that's the ONLY thing!

Joe

L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
Well, most of my riding will be alone. I'll just put my longbow and arrows in the seat and throw the deer on the big rack. If I need firewood I have two trailers.

83501Bill

Apr 17, 2016
idaho
I just bought my first! only 4 wheelers before. I had to upgrade the tires, add roof, windshield, back window and a winch. Now I can start to look at the accessories list!

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I just put a good water proof ATV bag on the back
holds was ya need & cooler
20160213 122322

Reactions: pFive and Lenny
Jason86

Jason86

Apr 26, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
There's no p
nothing wrong with stock. The only problem I found and that you might come across with hauling deer is things pushing on the plastics between the bars.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
There's no p

nothing wrong with stock. The only problem I found and that you might come across with hauling deer is things pushing on the plastics between the bars.
My bags got quick clips
so to remove or put back
on...takes seconds
bag keeps a few tools
...survival stuff dry

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016

I like to carry a few basic items, sometimes it can help. I've made several field repairs on other buggies that prevented a long walk in and abandoning the equipment. Sometimes you have to walk in(I've never had to), but if you can carry a few basics items to get you going again after common failures, it's worth the space IMO. A few tools, jack, winch and a spare.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't see how you're going to make a front bumper out of that...

Joe
Its not intended to be a bumper, I posted that in response to triggers question.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was joking.
Well hell, I'm missing all the satire tonight. Guess I'm tired, left the Talladega race track at 9:00 this morning and just got in Hot Springs at 8:00 pushing 6 tons down the highway all day. You'll forgive my failure in that please sir.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!