BOX1

P700 NO Flat Tires

T

Tebuu

Mar 8, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello group. Im the proud owner of a new and first 700-4. This week I took it on the worst back country desert mountain roads Ive ever seen. Does anyone have any recommendations for no flat tires? Personal experiences maybe? On these roads the side treads were invaluable. Ive been looking at blocks?

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. I have no experience with flats but maybe @Smitty335 or @Russ989 can help you. Russ has owned all 3 Pioneer models and Smitty has changed tires a time or two.

#NTC

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello group. Im the proud owner of a new and first 700-4. This week I took it on the worst back country desert mountain roads Ive ever seen. Does anyone have any recommendations for no flat tires? Personal experiences maybe? On these roads the side treads were invaluable. Ive been looking at blocks?
Did you have flats?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Slower speeds, 8 or 10 ply tires and higher tire pressures will help. Small diameter wheels with tall tires gains sidewall flex so maybe fewer pinch flats - no idea what your options are with the 700.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never leave the garage is my only suggestion, flats can and will happen.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Welcome from Southern IN.

As far as no flats, it's inevitable with enough riding, especially rocky rides, you will have a flat sooner or later. That being said my last 3 machines have all had TireJect and although I'm sure some is luck, I havent had a flat since. Up until recently this was always on factory tires too, but I have more stout Tusks Terrabites now.

I still carry a small air compressor and tire plugs even though I am not sure my limited (nonexistent) mechanical skills will allow me to use the plugs 🤣

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here's the tweels.... Not sure I could commit that much money to that tread pattern here in the midwest but probably fine in the desert.... I'd be interested to hear @hondabob's opinion on them.....

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm on my second set of ITP's, first were Black Waters, second are Terra hooks, never had a flat on either and there made in the USA.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
my executioners have run a time or 2 on 0 psi. high ply count could limp you home. but patch and plug kit is definitely a necessity. and an air pump.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
There's always this option... you'd have to have it pretty full for sidewall protection but might be worth it vs. true flat free tire prices......

H

HEK

Jan 22, 2020
Avery,Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
A plug kit from NAPA and a gallon of green tire sealer from Wally World works for me

Reactions: Mudwing and Lady01
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!