P1000 No start

S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m having issues with starting thinking it’s a timing problem need some clarification…

When I go to start my 1000-5 “cold” it will not fire at all. If I take the air cleaner off it starts if you give it some gas but won’t idle. When you put air cleaner back on it will start but then die as soon as you take your foot off the gas. Once it’s warm it will idle but the idle drops then picks back up. It also backfire sometimes out of intake when trying to start it.Someone has repaired the injector wires already. Let me know if more info is needed.

Reactions: TxDoc and ChadD
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Hello welcome to the site from South Dakota!

It would be helpful to know what year, mileage etc and some photos of the rig.

Is the display kicking out any codes?

Let’s start with the simple basics first…

How old is the gas in the tank? Any water in it?

Plugs? How old are they and what do the ends look like? Plug wires?

When you say air cleaner, are you referring to the one up under the hood or under the bed? If you haven’t ever changed the air filter under the bed, start with the that for sure.

S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2019 Honda pioneer 1000-5
11,237 miles

Display has 0 codes

Gas is brand new I dumped the tank when I first got it cause I was suspicious of it having water but there was no water it’s also 91.

I put plugs in it about 2 weeks ago and wires are fine it’s got great spark. The air filter is brand new k&n. It is clean.

The intake im referring to is under the bed I’m taking it straight off the throttle body.

That’s really the only picture I have of it I am away from home for work right now but when I get back tomorrow I can add more if you would like.

IMG 3871

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grab an oem Honda air filter.
Use a leaf blower and blow out the long intake from under the hood to the engine. If it is starving for air, that is where I would start.

S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grab an oem Honda air filter.
Use a leaf blower and blow out the long intake from under the hood to the engine. If it is starving for air, that is where I would start.
I will try that today

S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spark arrester and air filter diddnt change anything I hooked my battery charger up to it and it starts up quick but won’t idle until it’s at operating temps I pulled the IACV out and it was a little dirt going to buy a new one Maby that might change the idle problem.?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Spark arrester and air filter diddnt change anything I hooked my battery charger up to it and it starts up quick but won’t idle until it’s at operating temps I pulled the IACV out and it was a little dirt going to buy a new one Maby that might change the idle problem.?
I would say at this point, it's time to dig into the engine. Compression? Valve timing?

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say at this point, it's time to dig into the engine. Compression? Valve timing?
Kinda what I’m thinking doing a compression test right now on it.

Reactions: Jerryg
S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know what code (solid for 2 seconds and blinks 3 times) is?

Won’t let me upload a video of it.