Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
In the spirit of Smitty’s “boos” thread, I’ve gone and done it

Smitty started his thread with “
Honda hasn't come out with a sport UTV, there present P-1 line up doesn't have trailing swing arms and down swept front a arms or long travel suspension with acceptable shocks, other than the entry level Foxes on the stock frame, that are way better than the shocks that came on my 16 P-1 Deluxe. To put the a arm up grades and the right tires and wheels will cost me $ 5'300.00. And still have a short travel suspension rig, so my thinking is take the $ 5,300.00 and some boot and get what I want, just wish I could put the Honda transmission in a Cann Am.

And I agreed. I have spent a lot of time and $$ pushing a damned fine utility machine with seating for 5 towards more of a recreational machine - following a path I had taken with Jeeps in the past. What I really needed (OK wanted ... very few of us NEED these things) simply isn’t made by anyone.

So now I’ve gone and crossed over to the dark / other side.
488dc255c5d8a62b27a72488eb4d11a8

I am now the owner of a General 1000 2 seater deluxe model. I bought a bunch or wheel bearings and belts and a couple spare rear diffs as well . I am hoping y’all will let me hang around here still as I do very much like this group of folks .... and I’ll need a Honda to tow me back to the toyhauler / workshop when the rubber band snaps ...

Pics shall follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Create a build thread and stay in touch.. we all hate on one anothers brands, be really as long as we are all riding, thats what matters. General looks like a great machine, and im sure more comfortable than the Pioneer.

I see a lot of hate on the belt drive, and when i had a rzr 800 it made me nervous as changing it would have been horrible.

With these machines now, ive seen belts changed during pee breaks. Not that big of a deal as long as you have a spare.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well you big kidder you.....:D
I had something funny to input here but realized this is no joking matter. A forum member is on heavy drugs and may need our help so no jokes...
Dammit @elkaholic I wish you the best of luck and hope it’ll be what you’re looking for. I guess as long as your out hitting trails that’s all that matters in the long run.
You’re still family here buddy.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had something funny to input here but realized this is no joking matter. A forum member is on heavy drugs and may need our help so no jokes...
Dammit @elkaholic I wish you the best of luck and hope it’ll be what you’re looking for. I guess as long as your out hitting trails that’s all that matters in the long run.
You’re still family here buddy.

Bring on the jokes! I surely deserve them.

What I want simply is not manufactured and I don’t wanna build it myself. I am going into popo / firebomb ownership with eyes (and nostrils) wide open.

It may end up being a bad decision - Lord knows I have made more than my share in this life so far - but I’ll live through it.

I’m going back to my crack pipe now ....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bring on the jokes! I surely deserve them.

What I want simply is not manufactured and I don’t wanna build it myself. I am going into popo / firebomb ownership with eyes (and nostrils) wide open.

It may end up being a bad decision - Lord knows I have made more than my share in this life so far - but I’ll live through it.

I’m going back to my crack pipe now ....

There’s a machine for everyone. I haven’t exactly had the best luck with the 1000 but every other Honda has been incredible for us. We had real poor luck with Polaris but at least most of it was nickel and dime crap.
I don’t really care what someone rides or what their opinion is on things, the most important thing is riding and having a good time. I’d still ride with ya, hell I could bring my Sportsman so we could snuggle if needed.
Get out and ride. Post your impressions when you get a chance!

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Amen brother ...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had something funny to input here but realized this is no joking matter. A forum member is on heavy drugs and may need our help so no jokes..
I would agree with you if there was some measure of hope of rehabilitation, but I seriously doubt it and see no harm in making a joke of it, shrug. :D

Reactions: elkaholic
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There’s a machine for everyone. I haven’t exactly had the best luck with the 1000 but every other Honda has been incredible for us. We had real poor luck with Polaris but at least most of it was nickel and dime crap.
I don’t really care what someone rides or what their opinion is on things, the most important thing is riding and having a good time. I’d still ride with ya, hell I could bring my Sportsman so we could snuggle if needed.
Get out and ride. Post your impressions when you get a chance!
I don’t believe that even of the forum sponsored rides I’ve been on that the machines have been exclusively Honda. Thank goodness Americans still have the right to choose lol.. go Honda :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Busted .... stole that off the dealer site. They have had it since July ... I’ll get some in the garage this weekend when I put windshields on

Haha, oh I never doubted that you’ve actually bought it, just squaring up the pic. That makes sense. I’ve got a great Polaris myself, no worries.

In fact my Pioneer 1000 is in the shop but work must continue, lol. No offense to anyone. ;)

0903A6E5 9629 41F5 B70E 1E6B0353EEA2

J

JTW

In the spirit of Smitty’s “boos” thread, I’ve gone and done it

Smitty started his thread with “”

And I agreed. I have spent a lot of time and $$ pushing a damned fine utility machine with seating for 5 towards more of a recreational machine - following a path I had taken with Jeeps in the past. What I really needed (OK wanted ... very few of us NEED these things) simply isn’t made by anyone.

So now I’ve gone and crossed over to the dark / other side.
View attachment 97344

I am now the owner of a General 1000 2 seater deluxe model. I bought a bunch or wheel bearings and belts and a couple spare rear diffs as well . I am hoping y’all will let me hang around here still as I do very much like this group of folks .... and I’ll need a Honda to tow me back to the toyhauler / workshop when the rubber band snaps ...

Pics shall follow

Well.. I’m at $2500 for 5-2 beadlock wheels, 30” tires, Fox shocks, super atv a arms and HL lift.. realistically it’s probably $500 less than most. I’m not sure how he’s getting to $5300??

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Busted .... stole that off the dealer site. They have had it since July ... I’ll get some in the garage this weekend when I put windshields on

I almost bought a General when I bought the P1-5, but the 5 seat option swayed me, cause of the pups. Yea I know! Your not going to the Take Over because of a wedding, right?

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haha, oh I never doubted that you’ve actually bought it, just squaring up the pic. That makes sense. I’ve got a great Polaris myself, no worries.

In fact my Pioneer 1000 is in the shop but work must continue, lol. No offense to anyone. ;)

View attachment 97456
What's up wit the left rear on your popo ? Leaning a great deal isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!