Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In the spirit of Smitty’s “boos” thread, I’ve gone and done it

Smitty started his thread with “”

And I agreed. I have spent a lot of time and $$ pushing a damned fine utility machine with seating for 5 towards more of a recreational machine - following a path I had taken with Jeeps in the past. What I really needed (OK wanted ... very few of us NEED these things) simply isn’t made by anyone.

So now I’ve gone and crossed over to the dark / other side.
View attachment 97344

I am now the owner of a General 1000 2 seater deluxe model. I bought a bunch or wheel bearings and belts and a couple spare rear diffs as well . I am hoping y’all will let me hang around here still as I do very much like this group of folks .... and I’ll need a Honda to tow me back to the toyhauler / workshop when the rubber band snaps ...

Pics shall follow

Glad that I wasn't on here yesterday so you've already taken a few licks but all that I can add after all of the good luck and hope to be able to pull you back home comments is...…………………….

WOW!!!!!!!

Sucks to be you!!!!!!
:);):)

Best of luck to you.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Glad that I wasn't on here yesterday so you've already taken a few licks but all that I can add after all of the good luck and hope to be able to pull you back home comments is...…………………….

WOW!!!!!!!

Sucks to be you!!!!!!
:);):)

Best of luck to you.
Oh dear, it will be ok. :D

Reactions: elkaholic
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A few pics ....

A00a26d8dbfad7267b0552897c2586a6

B5e63d5855580b01a1c3befe8a4b13dd

I installed a rear windshield and Polaris between the seat bag today. Was going to install a seizmik windshield but they packed one correct mounting bracket and three incorrect in the box. Guess I’ll be calling them tomorrow ...

So these are pics after ...
9b0fb66b80250b03a936bad3c880e098

Cb7531df1da8c322409d5deb571c90fe

7c460b7fb700105508ddc7fe083ae345

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol, well yeah, but that’s the constitution. Don’t know that we have a constitutional right to buy a Polaris or a Honda..;)
Buying a Polaris is a constitutional right. Buying a Honda is a God given right. Youll always be good with me bud. I rag on Popos and Canams but in the end, everyone i ride with makes it back to camp regardless.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
How is the noise going fast?

Reactions: Plumber32
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: Delton
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the spirit of Smitty’s “boos” thread, I’ve gone and done it

Smitty started his thread with “”

And I agreed. I have spent a lot of time and $$ pushing a damned fine utility machine with seating for 5 towards more of a recreational machine - following a path I had taken with Jeeps in the past. What I really needed (OK wanted ... very few of us NEED these things) simply isn’t made by anyone.

So now I’ve gone and crossed over to the dark / other side.
View attachment 97344

I am now the owner of a General 1000 2 seater deluxe model. I bought a bunch or wheel bearings and belts and a couple spare rear diffs as well . I am hoping y’all will let me hang around here still as I do very much like this group of folks .... and I’ll need a Honda to tow me back to the toyhauler / workshop when the rubber band snaps ...

Pics shall follow

What made you ultimately go this route vs other choices?

The polaris ad I see everytime I get on the site with 2.99% apr?? Lol

Reactions: Plumber32
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The ultimate decision point was wanting something that is more sport oriented that still has the utility of a dump bed. That narrowed the field down significantly.

Then a local, small town dealer had a 2018 ride command version that they really wanted to move ... I really have no idea what they were doing with one of these that loaded as the majority of their sales are rangers and sportsmen to local farmers

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The ultimate decision point was wanting something that is more sport oriented that still has the utility of a dump bed. That narrowed the field down significantly.

Then a local, small town dealer had a 2018 ride command version that they really wanted to move ... I really have no idea what they were doing with one of these that loaded as the majority of their sales are rangers and sportsmen to local farmers

I gotcha, price is usually a big motivator getting people to pull the trigger. So you said its narrower than honda, does it feel sportier? Better ride and power?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Narrower. Feels like it is geared lower in low. Smoother over the bumps. Better seats but that is an unfair comparison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!