P500 Now that's more like it!

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
New pioneer 500 owner and new to this site (which I will say, even though it has kept me up way to late nights reading forums, I think is awesome) and I've got to tell you, my first hunting trip with it was pretty disappointing to say the least. Between smacking every rock in the trail and riding like it doesn't have any suspension at all I was worn out after only a couple of hours. Since finding this site I have upgraded tires and unhooked sway bar. Totally different machine! Now it's almost as comfortable as my Grizzly, which is saying a lot. Bought this machine mostly because my brother in law has one and it impressed me. Thanks to you guys mine is now gonna impress him.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
New pioneer 500 owner and new to this site (which I will say, even though it has kept me up way to late nights reading forums, I think is awesome) and I've got to tell you, my first hunting trip with it was pretty disappointing to say the least. Between smacking every rock in the trail and riding like it doesn't have any suspension at all I was worn out after only a couple of hours. Since finding this site I have upgraded tires and unhooked sway bar. Totally different machine! Now it's almost as comfortable as my Grizzly, which is saying a lot. Bought this machine mostly because my brother in law has one and it impressed me. Thanks to you guys mine is now gonna impress him.
Welcome! I hope you know you're spending has just begun!! :)

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I know. Actually, first thing I did was buy a cheap aftermarket top, a "Clearly Tough" fold down windshield (which I'll say, is pretty nice), and a Tusk rear window. Always been a Yamaha guy. Owned several Hondas and never had an issue with any of them. Yamaha doesn't build what I was looking for. Long story short, I really like this little red machine and I'm pretty sure I can learn to like it more. Did I mention that this my first sxs?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I know. Actually, first thing I did was buy a cheap aftermarket top, a "Clearly Tough" fold down windshield (which I'll say, is pretty nice), and a Tusk rear window. Always been a Yamaha guy. Owned several Hondas and never had an issue with any of them. Yamaha doesn't build what I was looking for. Long story short, I really like this little red machine and I'm pretty sure I can learn to like it more. Did I mention that this my first sxs?

Congrats man! The best thing about a sxs you've already taken advantage of, getting out of the weather.

Reactions: 500oneer and 25yrds

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats man! The best thing about a sxs you've already taken advantage of, getting out of the weather.
Exactly! That was biggest reason I bought it. Well, that and a few others, ie thumb throttle (can only ride a few miles till my hand was cramping), passenger behind me where we couldn't communicate and I had to get off before he/she could, etc.

Reactions: trigger
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
That's the realization I had too... wish I unhooked it sooner.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Exactly! That was biggest reason I bought it. Well, that and a few others, ie thumb throttle (can only ride a few miles till my hand was cramping), passenger behind me where we couldn't communicate and I had to get off before he/she could, etc.
I've cheated on my Big Bear. Installed a LH throttle for technical stupidity stunts but use it more for relaxing the thumb.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State. Pics or it didn't happen :cool:

Order a Trigger Shield from @trigger immediately, you won't regret it.

EszHaUfdSvOHu1FFDHciYg

[HASHTAG]#NTC[/HASHTAG]

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome to the group. 27 inch tires also helped a lot. Sounds like you are on the right track.

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Chuckie3 and Mudder
advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sounds like a good idea. How much?
Private Message @trigger . I tried the automotive silver/fabric insulation first but it stayed wet, replaced with pre-cut rubber trigger shield. Helps block heat, water hole steam and some noise.

6AF35E53 F9A5 41B2 8726 E6D2C24FE1FB

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ok. I very much like! From what I seen you're offering these for $79 or so delivered? If so so, I'm afraid you might be the lowest priced real mod I've seen for p5.

$70 to your door. You also get the sticker that @ToddH posted and a chunk of scrap rubber that you can use for anything you might want.

Reactions: Mudder and Chooglin

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Ok. I very much like! From what I seen you're offering these for $79 or so delivered? If so so, I'm afraid you might be the lowest priced real mod I've seen for p5.
I didn't have time to read the way long list of everyone that replied to post and I'm too stupid to know how to I'm. So, how much, shipped to idaho. Pioneer 500.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!