Odyssey PC925 failed in less than two years....?.??

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased and installed the Odyssey PC925 as an auxiliary battery less than two years ago......if anything it has probably been underused..... I keep trickle on it a couple of times in winter or whenever it sits......
long story short I left my machine in Colorado Springs at a dealer trying to solve the overheating and fan problems.....
they reflashed the control mod and then diagnosed a bad fan controller and replaced that..... all good and very friendly and professional service in my opinion.....All thru Honda extended warranty I happened to purchase ...(which I never do).....
anyway ...the fan override switch I had installed from Honda Sxs then was not working even though the fan was working perfectly and coming on at three bars.....all this according to them... i haven’t picked it up yet...
they diagnosed the problem as the auxiliary battery was deader than a rabbit......
the amazon reports show several people that agree the battery craps out .....
what batteries are the others using?.? Gonna pick up next week and would like to have replacement with me..

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I purchased and installed the Odyssey PC925 as an auxiliary battery less than two years ago......if anything it has probably been underused..... I keep trickle on it a couple of times in winter or whenever it sits......
long story short I left my machine in Colorado Springs at a dealer trying to solve the overheating and fan problems.....
they reflashed the control mod and then diagnosed a bad fan controller and replaced that..... all good and very friendly and professional service in my opinion.....All thru Honda extended warranty I happened to purchase ...(which I never do).....
anyway ...the fan override switch I had installed from Honda Sxs then was not working even though the fan was working perfectly and coming on at three bars.....all this according to them... i haven’t picked it up yet...
they diagnosed the problem as the auxiliary battery was deader than a rabbit......
what batteries are the others using?.? Gonna pick up next week and would like to have replacement with me..
I'll check tonight and see what I have. It's worked great for about three years now and has never needed to be charged.

Reactions: rtn001 and TimG
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 yrs old this week ........ Amazon.com: XS Power D925 XS Series 12V 2,000 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt: Automotive
I've had this 1 for about 20 months and its still going strong. U can't beat it for the price.
I came within a inch of getting that same one.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My auxiliary battery is an Interstate DCM0035 AGM. Picked it up local for about $80 three years ago. I've intentionally ran it down to 6v a few times to make it cycle, but it's always held a full charge and never needed a battery tender. It's an AGM battery too so you can mount it in any position you want.

Reactions: Pilgrim
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JBL er... @JTW turned me onto this battery and I'm very happy with it, 60 bucks on Amazon and fits perfect. I think he is using the same one.

Battery

Last edited:
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you folks for the info.....I don’t mind paying top$ for something that is clearly superior.... but I will sort through these and get one..... then try to see how to get what was supposed to be a three year non prorated warranty from amazon.....
I don’t have much patience for that crap though....

advertisement
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do like AGM as opposed to sealed lead acid..... however I wonder if that may be the problem.... some of them seem to think you have to have special charger..... I use a smart charger but anyhow..... I will leave all that to experts.....
decided to try the sixty buck chrome pro..... why spend the extra money if only gonna last two years anyway...
time will tell.... thanks for the inputs

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I've had this 1 for about 20 months and its still going strong. U can't beat it for the price.

Going on 3 years for mine. Never seen a charger either. Use all year long too.

Reactions: rtn001 and Pilgrim
t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not using a True dual battery isolator or such? Just a completely separate 2nd batt system? Sorry if I missed it but I am confused to your set up.

Mighty Max here on a True dual batt isolator system. No issues.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Ive been waiting on this one for about a week. Does that count ?

Reactions: rtn001
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!