P1000 OEM Honda soft upper doors Pioneer 1000

M

MBTractorman

Aug 20, 2020
Delhi, On
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey guys, I'm hoping to solve the mystery of the inside tether with snap, the snap button on the outside of the soft door skin and how these vinyl windows are suppose to "roll" down.
I've got the oem Honda gen 2 soft upper doors, and I have been racking my brain and searching the internet looking for an answer to to these questions. The inside tether looks like it could be used to secure the door shut, but why? Or perhaps it is somehow associated with the "roll" down window, that would explain the snap on the outside.

I can't figure it out.

Please help.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't remember how it looks without being home looking at my rig, but I believe it is like you say for rolling up the window and snapping it in place. I know the rear curtain has that setup. Typically I just open up my window and let it flap, but last time I pulled it to the inside of the cab and scuffed the plastic on the hip bar. So maybe I will start rolling it up like I should.

M

MBTractorman

Aug 20, 2020
Delhi, On
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've tried doing the roll with the window but there's no way to get it low enough to use the strap to secure it. Makes me think that I'm missing something.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've tried doing the roll with the window but there's no way to get it low enough to use the strap to secure it. Makes me think that I'm missing something.
Itll go. It's way easier when they're warm. Mine are 2 years old and it's still hard to stretch it tight enough to latch. I just keep forcing it.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
M

MBTractorman

Aug 20, 2020
Delhi, On
Ownership

1. 1000-3
does anyone have a photo of the window rolled up and the tether securing it? I just looked at this and tried again, mine is not going to make it. It doesn't even come close, if I try to force it I'm sure I will damage the vinyl.

Reactions: Lady01
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I have the same problem. I just leave mine hanging loose inside the cab. I tuck it between the door and the seat.... I’d have to put mine in a severe bind to even think about getting them to snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
does anyone have a photo of the window rolled up and the tether securing it? I just looked at this and tried again, mine is not going to make it. It doesn't even come close, if I try to force it I'm sure I will damage the vinyl.
This is the only one I have at the moment.

58A6602A 1CF1 4616 9D40 7633B6A3A82C

M

MBTractorman

Aug 20, 2020
Delhi, On
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the picture. That looks like they roll down nice and tidy. I'll need to wait for warmer weather to try that. I'm making some tether strap extensions for the time being.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!