P1000 OEM Roof Fitment w/ Flip Windshield

P

pvkj454

Jul 21, 2022
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The front and rear slotted brackets were way out of adjustment on my Honda roof. I wonder if not adjusting them could be causing some of the fitment issues with the windshield.

Reactions: Smitty335
C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just updating this thread on the outcome. The SuperATV flip windshield and the OEM Honda roof both fit on together perfectly without anything needing to be changed (2022 Honda 1000-5 Trail). I put the windshield on first and then the roof. The front roof clamps were a bit a of a squeeze, but just took an extra couple minutes to navigate/clamp down it all.

Definitely recommend using Loctite on the bolts used for the SATV windshield that do not have a locking nut on the back (first ride out and one bolt fell out/was lost and another was coming loose). As others have mentioned, don't get Loctite on the plexiglass...they don't mix (will cause cracking/brittleness).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!