P1000 OEM Roof Fitment w/ Flip Windshield

M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apologies upfront if this has already been discussed & debated ad nauseam. I‘m a new Club member and owner of a Honda Pioneer 1000-5, and it is not clear to me if the SuperATV flip windshield is compatible with Honda’s roof. SuperATV says on its site that it is not, yet forums, reviews and pics suggest otherwise. The Club’s experience, thoughts, and guidance on this would be greatly appreciated before I commit additional resources on a potential fool’s errand.

Reactions: ChadD
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea it's definitely been discussed alot on here. I have a 2018 pioneer 1000-5 with honda oem roof and SuperATV flip up windshield. They work great together. I love both of them. And welcome to the club. You better post some pics up of that pioneer
20220402 155102

M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any fitment issues requiring modifications, etc? What am I not understanding?

Reactions: ChadD

20TAC

Jul 31, 2020
Saskatchewan, Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I believe in 2022 they might have changed the clamp positions on the roof. Mine clamp near the middle of the top angled bar on the front corner of the roll cage.
If you watch SuperATV install video. There is a short clip that shows there windshield mounts close to the same spot. Would need to see these corner roof clamp positions with windshield and roof on to know if that will fit properly.

Reactions: SuperATV and ChadD
C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the member @SuperATV really from the company SuperATV? If so, could you give us a definitive answer to this question? I'm buying a 2022 1000-5 Trail and want to buy the SATV flip up windshield and the OEM roof...will these work together?

C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just called SuperATV's number and their tech support is saying it absolutely will not work together (even though I explained the reviews on the SuperATV website for the windshield showing both of them installed and working fine - pics show the windshield up and down positions). So I guess I am still confused? Maybe some modifications will be needed to get them to work together? Or maybe this is just steering you to buy the "compatible" SuperATV roof?

Reactions: HBarlow
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
. I‘m a new Club member and owner of a Honda Pioneer 1000-5
What year? Makes a difference in fitmint.
Also welcome from Michigan
Got pics of the rig?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is the member @SuperATV really from the company SuperATV? If so, could you give us a definitive answer to this question? I'm buying a 2022 1000-5 Trail and want to buy the SATV flip up windshield and the OEM roof...will these work together?
Yes he is, and u already tagged him. Need to be patient grasshopper, he works too and usually answers your questions between the hrs of 4 & 5:30
Thank u for your patience 😂

C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Trail. Just was delivered to the dealer yesterday, so getting PDI'ed still. Would like to get some of these items ordered (roof and windshield), but cannot figure out what fits and works together...

Hi from California BTW!

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Any fitment issues requiring modifications, etc? What am I not understanding?
There is a gap at the top between windshield and OEM roof, multiple ways to seal it but a couple of pool noodles does the trick quickly and cheep.

With gap as is if riding in rain pushes rain to underside of roof then drips all over you.

Reactions: Abuck and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Trail. Just was delivered to the dealer yesterday, so getting PDI'ed still. Would like to get some of these items ordered (roof and windshield), but cannot figure out what fits and works together...

Hi from California BTW!
There letting you buy gas powered engines there still? :eek:🤣

yeah, @SuperATV will fix u up With all the info and accessories you want To fit that rig. Let not your hart be troubled!

How Much is Kalifornia hitting you up on this new trail rig? Inquiring minds want to know

Reactions: SuperATV
C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a gap at the top between windshield and OEM roof, multiple ways to seal it but a couple of pool noodles does the trick quickly and cheep.

With gap as is if riding in rain pushes rain to underside of roof then drips all over you.
Ah, so sounds like they work together but just don't expect a tight seal at the top. Thanks for the info!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ah, so sounds like they work together but just don't expect a tight seal at the top. Thanks for the info!
They never really did with the 16-21 models either. I think there is more differences from what Ive heard. Just wait till SATV get on later And you will hear it from the 🐴‘s ass😂

dont want you buying something and coming back having a stroke 🤣

C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There letting you buy gas powered engines there still? :eek:🤣

yeah, @SuperATV will fix u up With all the info and accessories you want To fit that rig. Let not your hart be troubled!

How Much is Kalifornia hitting you up on this new trail rig? Inquiring minds want to know
Yes, but it has been detuned and has 12 HP. :p

Sounds good....I'll be patient I guess. lol

I believe it is only $21,399! (but of course with all of the tax, license, doc, assembly, rail, bolt tightening, wire connecting fees it comes out to $25,1xx)

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, but it has been detuned and has 12 HP. :p

Sounds good....I'll be patient I guess. lol

I believe it is only $21,399! (but of course with all of the tax, license, doc, assembly, rail, bolt tightening, wire connecting fees it comes out to $25,1xx)
Bolt tightening? Id hold them to it! Been alot getting delivered with them loose.

You know this aint a Jeep or Bronco For the $25k right? It wont ride, be dust free, cool or be as quiet as one Just to be clear. Theres been a few that have complained for the money it should 😂 🥳

C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then add a roof and windshield and we were seriously considering buying a Jeep/Tacoma instead...

C

chunter916

Aug 30, 2022
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bolt tightening? Id hold them to it! Been alot getting delivered with them loose.

You know this aint a Jeep or Bronco For the $25k right? It wont ride, be dust free, cool or be as quiet as one Just to be clear. Theres been a few that have complained for the money it should 😂 🥳
I was just joking on the bolt tightening, but seems like they come up with stuff like this to jack up the price for sure.

Lol, we were thinking the same thing about buying a Jeep, etc.

Just looking for a "toy" and to help around the property (pulling a mower, log splitter, small trailer between the trees) as well. This is small enough to fit in both of my trailers and barely squeeze into my barn for storage, but also fit 2 adults and 2 kids for exploring trails. Just seems to check all of the boxes (except price). Forgot to throw in hunting as well...this will get into the deer and hog hunting spots a little better IMO.

Reactions: Remington and Coeus
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I think there are 2 different roofs that fit the 2022 models. Not sure if the (NON-fitment) part number we show is the correct one though.

Pretty sure that's the same roof that they've been selling since 2016. Unless they changed up the mounting points on the 2022 model, it should all bolt up just fine.

If they did change up the mounting points on the cage/roof, I'm sure there's a simple way around it. A lot of times the clamps on the roof are installed wrong anyway from the dealer....making for a more difficult installation.

I think it'll work fine. You may have to adjust the roof mounting brackets a bit to work with ours...and maybe add a shim here or there....but everything else should go together fine. I know our windshield will bolt right up to the cage. You may just have to massage it into place with the roof brackets on that 2022.

I say....go for it! I'll get you a little discount and take care of you if it doesn't want to work.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!