P700 OEM Tires - Blackstone

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I picked up my new 700-4 yesterday and was checking out the OEM Tires. Blackstone HP007??? What's the story behind these tires? Never heard of them before. Any feedback on them? My use will be ice fishing, hunting, a ride to town, and occasionally easy trails. I don't need anything specialized, just a good all around tire. Am I going to be disappointed in the stock tires?

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I picked up my new 700-4 yesterday and was checking out the OEM Tires. Blackstone HP007??? What's the story behind these tires? Never heard of them before. Any feedback on them? My use will be ice fishing, hunting, a ride to town, and occasionally easy trails. I don't need anything specialized, just a good all around tire. Am I going to be disappointed in the stock tires?
It’s a V tread tire. Very good in the mud. I had good success so far. I’m at around 2000 miles. They have some wear but I’ve got a set of takeoffs from a 7hundo deluxe waiting to go on. The best I can tell you is to try them out for yourself. 😎

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Actually, they are a pretty good tire for a factory tire. Mine did pretty well in light mud and snow. Really no complaints. The only reason I upgraded is they looked too small and well because I just wanted new tires lol.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pics?
Just asking cuz i dont believe I've seen them before?
Thanks

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
No complaints here either they were just small but they ride good and grip well.

Reactions: Mudwing
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The base model 1k3 19 I bought came with 6 ply blackstone 27x12s. I switch them out for some 14s but I rode them for about 900 miles and they still looked pretty good. Not nearly as loud on the blacktop as the big horns and seemed to go in about anything.

Reactions: ChadD
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Pics?
Just asking cuz i dont believe I've seen them before?
Thanks
9A904703 5232 44A5 929F 38C039AFF02B

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
People piss and whine about them, but I think they just want an excuse to buy blingish tires. I've had good luck with them. The only thing is they are undersized.

They are (or were) also sold under the STI brand and a few others. I believe Chaparral also sells them under Ocelot as well.

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know there are other threads on tire pressures, but I was wondering what pressure you are running with the stock Blackstone's? I have mine at 12psi all around and they seem to be wearing a bit. Mostly pavement riding in the summer, until we get to hunting season, then ice fishing. I'm thinking about dropping down to 10 psi.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know there are other threads on tire pressures, but I was wondering what pressure you are running with the stock Blackstone's? I have mine at 12psi all around and they seem to be wearing a bit. Mostly pavement riding in the summer, until we get to hunting season, then ice fishing. I'm thinking about dropping down to 10 psi.
I run 8.5 in the front and 10 in the rear. I run them lower for comfort. Pavement will wear any soft compound tire at any pressure. Too low, shoulders wear out. Too high, middle wears out. 😎

Reactions: Backwoods and CID
Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just dropped to 10psi on all four. Huge difference! Much better ride. I was at 14 psi rear and 12 psi front. A few pounds made a big difference. Will be trying some lower pressures when I can get off road this fall.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Air pressure is a personal thing. Some run 15psi because they like sharp handling, have good chiropractors and like wearing the middle of the tire out (at least with traditional "round" type tires).
Others...like me, prefer ride and traction, so typically I run 6-7 psi, or basically until the tire pooches a tiny bit. If you ride fast with the tires like that, you'll get pinch flats.

Best to do what you're already planning and experiment.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is the 1st machine I've ever changed from stock tires...never had an issue with any of them. This just happens to be the 1st one I have ever started using on asphalt and gravel regularly and the stocks were chewed up at about 500 miles.

Reactions: ChadD
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine went bald pretty quick. In the market for a new tire as we sit.
If you're running black top or hard pack you'll want to look at a more road friendly tire. I've tried a few different set ups and like them all but anything that works well in mud tends wear fast on hard pack. Likewise the tires I like best for hard pack sucks in the mud. My preference so far is the sti outback max for a mud tire and a tensor regulator for an all terrain duty. I'll be trying blackwater evos our next time out hopefully they'll be a decent in between.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!