P1000 OEM upper door panels

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wanted upper panels that attached to the door. There are a couple after market ones that are not attached to the door and you have to unzip them to get in and out. That just didn't look good for me.
Stopped down at my dealer and looked at a set of OEM panels they had mounted up. They looked OK but there was a gap around the entire panel. But I thought I could make them fit better so I bought a set.
They do take a bit of adjusting to get to fit properly but if done right, they fit outstanding. My roof was a bit higher on one side so I had to move it up a bit. Then you have to loosen everything and get the panel sitting where you want it. But after a bit of adjusting, I have virtually no gap.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, they are 28", 8 ply Sedona Ripsaws. Been running them on another quad and a Ranger for a few years. Outstanding tire for our rocky trails in summer and snow in winter.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you have any photo's of the front edge along the windshield? I'm considering a pair for my three seater with the two piece Honda windshield.

Thanks, Justin

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, deer season will be here in a month so and if I'm going to buy them I need to get off my a$$ and get'em ordered.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s almost time for me to put mine back on mine. I run them all winter every year. They don’t fit like a car door but they are a huge improvement over nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my reasoning. I have a roof, two piece windshield and a hard back panel. It hasn't rained here much the last three months and I'm thinking the doo panels would be nice when it does start.

Reactions: JTW and nbomar
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's my reasoning. I have a roof, two piece windshield and a hard back panel. It hasn't rained here much the last three months and I'm thinking the doo panels would be nice when it does start.

Yep. You can ride all you want. I get a little rain in mine due to some holes I put in the roof that were bad ideas. Easy to stay warm and dry when it gets nasty over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's a couple of the front of the panel. the directions aren't the best. I didn't like how they had you drill the holes with their silly paper pattern you're supposed to cut out so I did it my own way. I taped it in place so it was exactly how I wanted it, then drilled the mounting holes.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a couple of the front of the panel. the directions aren't the best. I didn't like how they had you drill the holes with their silly paper pattern you're supposed to cut out so I did it my own way. I taped it in place so it was exactly how I wanted it, then drilled the mounting holes.

View attachment 56393 View attachment 56394
When I was at my dealer I asked the techs in the back about the upper doors and what they thought of them, the first words out of them were....DON'T USE THE PATTERN they are way off. I think part of the problem is that you have to print the pattern off yourself and you have to make sure that it prints to the right scale. As much as some of these accessories cost there is no acceptable reason that the pattern isn't included in the package.

Reactions: Rincon
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Agree. They actually fit up very tight if mounted up correctly. Not that it matters that much since theres a huge gap all around the lower door anyway.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm just looking for something to keep the rain/weather off me, not expecting them to fit like my truck doors.

Reactions: JTW
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealership put ours on and they are alright. Few gaps but they worked good on our last ride. Was thinking of some pipe insulation around the roll cage to make it tighter.

D

Dasmoeturhead

How do you like the hard rear panel? I'm thinking about getting one. + the upper door panels.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!