P1000 OEM upper door panels

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How do you like the hard rear panel? I'm thinking about getting one. + the upper door panels.

I like it, after I installed the windshield dust fogged in from the back. My boss (wife) said something had to be done about the dust issue so I installed the rear hard panel. The only thing I don't like is that it cuts down on vision in the back, I'd buy it again though.

My soft upper doors came today. Hopefully I can work on them tomorrow, we're redoing our bathroom so it may not be in the cards.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
BadDart, Read through the instructions completely before starting just to understand how they are installed. Then have your wife help hold the panel in place from the inside with door closed while you drill out the holes through the door. Don't use the templates. The single hole that goes down through the top of the door at the rear part of the door is critical to getting a good seal around the door. For this hole, slip the fabric out of the way and drill down through the existing hole in the frame down into the plastic door while someone is holding the panel in place.

D

Dasmoeturhead

That's for the that info. I'm super interested in this.
I have the Koplin side mirrors that clamp on the Rops. Do you think these will still work? I've got to keep it street legal. Thanks for the help .

Reactions: Lady01
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
BadDart, Read through the instructions completely before starting just to understand how they are installed. Then have your wife help hold the panel in place from the inside with door closed while you drill out the holes through the door. Don't use the templates. The single hole that goes down through the top of the door at the rear part of the door is critical to getting a good seal around the door. For this hole, slip the fabric out of the way and drill down through the existing hole in the frame down into the plastic door while someone is holding the panel in place.

Thank you sir.

R

Russ

Apr 28, 2016
mn
I wanted upper panels that attached to the door. There are a couple after market ones that are not attached to the door and you have to unzip them to get in and out. That just didn't look good for me.
Stopped down at my dealer and looked at a set of OEM panels they had mounted up. They looked OK but there was a gap around the entire panel. But I thought I could make them fit better so I bought a set.
They do take a bit of adjusting to get to fit properly but if done right, they fit outstanding. My roof was a bit higher on one side so I had to move it up a bit. Then you have to loosen everything and get the panel sitting where you want it. But after a bit of adjusting, I have virtually no gap.

View attachment 56205 View attachment 56206 View attachment 56207 View attachment 56208
I have 1000-5 with full windshield, soft mid panel. I found a used 1000-3 soft top and with my front soft door tops some sewing and Velcro on the top I am fully enclosed and warm. Going out this weekend it is going to be in the 30s and snow 2/3 inches of snow we will see how it works

Reactions: Lady01 and jawquin
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
can you take a picture of the inside of the door to show how the upper doors attach to the lowers?
This thread is 4yrs old no post since and the older first gen door panels witch were crap. U need info on the newer ones unless u have a set if the first gens? If u do, sorry! Lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I dont have any yet, im trying to decide to go with honda upper panels or seizmik
Gren 2’s if u do honda’s. I perdonally like CEC enclosures.

@Montecresto has or had some seizmik ones fir his P1 and I think has some negatives about them?

Last edited:
advertisement
Trevan

Trevan

Sep 1, 2019
Milton, ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The doors attach at 2 points. They give you a plate to mount to inside of the lower door and a rivnut to put in the top of the lower door for a thumb screw. The part circled in red I believe is what is different on gen2. Not really positive about any other changes.
20211123 092227
20211123 092242
20211123 092256

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Reactions: Lady01 and 05Willys
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The uppers seal pretty good. Any gaps are miniscule compared to the gaps around stock lowers. In June I upgraded to a SXS from a 2007 Honda Rubicon. I am happy with the heat in the cab with an inferno heater. My dad, who came from a Polaris Northstar, is less impressed with this setup on his. I have rode in 20° weather and had to turn the heater off. I ultimately plan to get the OEM hard doors, these are fitting the bill for now.

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just to point out, in the gen 2 of the cab's, they really did a bunch of stuff to decrease gaps and reduce heat/noise. I have been extremely pleased. And yes, there is always room for more improvement. But just to echo what others have said, big difference for the better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!