Off Road Ambulance

advertisement
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not exactly a UTV. Its the next step up for load purposes. 225 gallons of wet plus foam. Able to pond draft and two man portable (the skid part) to it can be transferred to a pick up, utility trailer etc. We make 'em, and get requests for utv versions but water is too heavy for UTVs to carry more than
20200815 140505
a few minutes worth. This will do a solid 25 minutes with a 1" hose set and twice that with foam.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Not exactly a UTV. Its the next step up for load purposes. 225 gallons of wet plus foam. Able to pond draft and two man portable (the skid part) to it can be transferred to a pick up, utility trailer etc. We make 'em, and get requests for utv versions but water is too heavy for UTVs to carry more than View attachment 234997a few minutes worth. This will do a solid 25 minutes with a 1" hose set and twice that with foam.
Thats a sturdy chassis to carry that much water weight.

Reactions: Mudwing and TxDoc
advertisement
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats a sturdy chassis to carry that much water weight.
It is at it's rated limit for bed capacity as it sits. It is a hydraulic dump bed designed for dirt so their is no doubt some fudge factor. . I have run it with a brush grapple which is wicked for clearing brush but don't like too with the tank on. I was watching some you tube videos of the northern California fires and some of the land owners were using UTVs with small skid units to great effect on small spot fires.I wouldn't want to drive my P1000 anywhere slightly technical with #1000 of weight in the bed Sadly, water is fricken heavy and kills safe maneuverability with everything. IIRC, our district F-450 brush trucks can only carry 400 gallons of water legally.

The unit kicks A$$ for speed watering around the house during the dry months. Hopefully that will all it is ever needed for.

Reactions: Mudwing and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!