P1000 Thud when letting off throttle

S

Scootenburg

Nov 9, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey I’ve got a 2016 Pioneer 1000 with 5500 miles. When riding, the machine makes a thud you can feel when letting off the throttle quick and getting back on, especially in jerky situations. Anyone know off the top what to look for? I just rebuilt my sub trans due to low going out but it was doing it prior to this. I would think I have some slack somewhere, maybe like a u-joint gone bad? Thanks

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey I’ve got a 2016 Pioneer 1000 with 5500 miles. When riding, the machine makes a thud you can feel when letting off the throttle quick and getting back on, especially in jerky situations. Anyone know off the top what to look for? I just rebuilt my sub trans due to low going out but it was doing it prior to this. I would think I have some slack somewhere, maybe like a u-joint gone bad? Thanks
🤔 Been here long enough to know we need pics..... POIDH!!!😂😂

I would check suspension first, bushings, shocks, etc. Maybe also the front and rear shafts?

Good luck 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve got a 2016 Pioneer 1000
Just Like @JenElio said AKA Jennay ….
Been here just over 2 years and asking a question that needs a video & pics and u have no pics yet!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Need to upload a Video with sound to know exactly what your talking about. Could be Empty beer cans, dead body or a dead car under the rig for all we know 🤣 We dont even know the state your in? Didnt know a state had a number 🥳

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!