Oh Canada in Ojibwa

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
For the first time at a professional sporting event, the Canadian national anthem was sung in Ojibwe ahead of tonight’s (Jan 17, 2020) WASAC Winnipeg Jets game against the Tampa Bay Lightning!

I had the distinct pleasure to know and work with a full blooded Ojibwa whose nickname was "Chief", he had feathers painted on the back of his hard hat and detested being called an American Native, he preferred Indian.
When I attended his funeral service all the hymns were sung in Ojibwa, very recognizable and quite moving at the same time. This video reminded me of my friend Jack ("Chief").

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
We are often at or above the bridge and it is amazing the influence most people just drive by and never notice.
From roughly Gaylord up there is a lot of history and culture.
As for me and my family we enjoy finding those little out if the way places to visit.
Great video and thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaddyDubbs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!