lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Apparently the state of Ohio has a proposal to increase the number of APV trails.
The proposal is for 3 new trail systems in the south, south east of the state.

http://forestry.ohiodnr.gov/apvtrailsproposal

This cool, if it happens.
I have been paying APV registration for 25 years for multiple vehicles.
And for 25 years the trail miles have remained the same.
So, I have supported the state to the tune of $1 per trail mile per year.
I think I've had the family riding on state trails 3 times in that 25 years.

As a side note, one of the guys at work says the Zaleski State forest is a hot bed of big foot sightings.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
The only two places I've rode in Ohio are Richland Furnace area a long time ago and Pike State Forest. Its been a long time ago for both. Richland was out in BFE and it was all roads

Reactions: sharp
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm all for more places to ride.

ALM76

ALM76

L-I-V-I-N
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2017
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The State purchased the old AEP area out east. There was talk about them opening up an APV area in the future.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The bad part of the link says 62" wide max. That shoots my Maverick in the foot and working on getting a Talon R in the spring. 62" doesn't work for alot of the high performance machines. Wayne National Forrest trails around Nelsonville is an awesome place to ride, but only 50" wide due to the bridges. Bridges are there because of Ohio EPA won't allow you to cross through the creeks. Need to band together and get all riding in Ohio to atleast 70" on width and due away with this creek crossing bullcrap.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 62" is not closely regulated. Most of the gate openings are 65-70" wide. We've had our P1K5 to Perry and Pike multiple times with no issue. Richland furnace only has 9 miles so we've had the quads there once and it's not worth taking the pioneer to.

I believe they are looking at widening hanging rock first in the Wayne National forest trail system. I'm not sure what they will set it too. I would guess 62-64" since 64" seems to be a size the manufacturers have settled on.

We went to Tecumseh trails last weekend with a group that loves it. I wasn't impressed. Lots of mud, deep ruts and bombed out wide trails. Half of the trail miles were just life size slot car track with the ruts. We're taking the group to Perry next time.

Reactions: Bigshow
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I hope they get on making WNF wider. I live 90min from Monday creek, but haven't been there since 2013 due to buying a SxS. Now looking at buying a Talon R and 64" width still won't help me. Hoping to make some meetings soon. WNF had one meeting real close to me, but I didn't find out about the meeting to the week after. I grew up in Monroe county and there is more WNF there than around Nelsonville.

Hate to here that about the Tecumseh trails, was going to check them out soon, but after what you said might not waste my time.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
A little update.
Link to new forest plan:

http://forestry.ohiodnr.gov/portals/forestry/pdfs/plans/DRAFT_D4_WP_FY20.pdf

In short, no way.

"APV area projects will include:
• Remarking trails as needed
• Updating educational signage.
• Establishment of new APV trails and features"

There is some possibility of acquiring new land adjacent to existing APV areas - if they become available.

"During recent past planning cycles and public input processes, existing state forests had been evaluated for new APV trail establishment. ~ The Division will continue to gain feedback on these APV trail proposals; however, the Division has decided to focus APV expansion efforts at the existing APV areas "

It was a nice dream while it lasted.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!