P700 oiil change

Weber-dcoe

Weber-dcoe

Feb 4, 2018
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just changed oil on my Pioneer 700 but forgot to place washer in between the oil filter and the spring inside that oil filter case. Do you think the lack of the washer will be OK until next oil change?
I hate to waste brand new GN4 oil at $7 quart.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If Honda didn't want it there, they would not have installed it.
Lean the machine on its side to help reduce the amount of oil lost. Pull cover, install washer, put back together.
put machine back level and check oil.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I did the same thing the first one and didn't notice it till next change;)
But If I would have known I would have drained it and saved oil, put it back in and re added oil...

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just changed oil on my Pioneer 700 but forgot to place washer in between the oil filter and the spring inside that oil filter case. Do you think the lack of the washer will be OK until next oil change?
I hate to waste brand new GN4 oil at $7 quart.

i have never left mine off but I still wouldn't chance it. You could do like neohio stated and try parking on a steep hill or maybe parking on some car ramps. Might only loose 1/2 quart maybe.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you buying your oil? I grabbed some from my dealer. $20 a gallon.

I personally would not reuse the fresh new oil. Never know what kind of contaminates you can get. dust, dirt etc. Not worth it.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would re-do. Lesson learned. I would not re-use the oil either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would get that washer in either full change or try to tip it on it’s side. I pay $20 a gallon at the dealer. GN4 10W-30.

Reactions: Deluxe700
Weber-dcoe

Weber-dcoe

Feb 4, 2018
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
I purchased the oil at a local fleet supplier at $6.99 quart they don't offer gallons but they offer lots of mercruiser, evinrude and other legit engine oils. Where I'm located you get what you can get. At least it's genuine Honda GN4 oil. The Honda dealer in Duluth ain't doin' me any favors plus it's too far to travel to save $8 if they have for 20 a gallon which I doubt.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've done the same. You can do it pretty quick. Less than half a quart I bet.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just finished first oil change on ours but luckily I've read enough on this forum to pretty much stick that washer on a silver tray with a big red arrow pointing at it lol.

I'd try as suggested on raising the passenger side to avoid losing much oil. Maybe finagle a hosed funnel in there to run towards your drain pan to avoid some mess.
You may have enough left in your 4th quart jug to top it back off.

Reactions: Mudwing
Weber-dcoe

Weber-dcoe

Feb 4, 2018
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I parked it sideways on a big hill with the oil filter area on the high side. You fellas were right, I didn't loose much oil at all.
Placed the washer in it's respected place....Mission accomplished !

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!