P700 Oil, filter, final gear oil change

tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Decide to try to quiet down my 2019 700-4 Deluxe by changing the oil and front and rear final gear oil.
I have 41 hrs and 288 miles on the UTV.
After reading various posts on best types of oil to use I settled on:
Shell Rotella T6 5W/40 and 1 qt of Mobil 1 Synthetic gear lube (75W/90).
Also bought the Fram CH6007 oil filter but as been commented on at Amazon the large gasket will not fit so I just reused the large gasket. The smaller gasket does fit. +

Manual calls out 3.1 qt capacity for engine oil, 22.5 oz for front final gear oil, and 4.7 oz for rear final gear oil.

I used approx. 3.2 qts of oil, and between both final and rear gear I used almost the entire bottle of gear lube.

I will say that I noticed an immediate smoothness to the engine and drive train. My wife did too as we took about a 10 mile drive around the country.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Decide to try to quiet down my 2019 700-4 Deluxe by changing the oil and front and rear final gear oil.
I have 41 hrs and 288 miles on the UTV.
After reading various posts on best types of oil to use I settled on:
Shell Rotella T6 5W/40 and 1 qt of Mobil 1 Synthetic gear lube (75W/90).
Also bought the Fram CH6007 oil filter but as been commented on at Amazon the large gasket will not fit so I just reused the large gasket. The smaller gasket does fit. +

Manual calls out 3.1 qt capacity for engine oil, 22.5 oz for front final gear oil, and 4.7 oz for rear final gear oil.

I used approx. 3.2 qts of oil, and between both final and rear gear I used almost the entire bottle of gear lube.

I will say that I noticed an immediate smoothness to the engine and drive train. My wife did too as we took about a 10 mile drive around the country.
In the future, if your interested in doing so, jacking up the front will get more oil drain, leading to a more "complete" oil change. Depending on how high you jack and how long you let it drain, it will take as much as 3.5 - 4 quarts.

Reactions: Mudwing
tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
In the future, if your interested in doing so, jacking up the front will get more oil drain, leading to a more "complete" oil change. Depending on how high you jack and how long you let it drain, it will take as much as 3.5 - 4 quarts.

Thanks. I didn't realize the 700 holds 4.3 qts total.
Next time I'll drive it up on ramps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!