Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Anyone know if there is a location on the engine to add a sending unit? A pic would be a great help.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Interesting question. My air cooled, single cylinder, dual sport motorcycle has <10 pounds of oil pressure per specs. I wonder what Honda expects? I've been adding oil temp gauges to my bikes for 15 years and might start toying with adding one on the Talon. 🤔 My speeds are relatively low and the coolant fan comes on regularly, I wonder what the oil temps are doing? :oops:

H

HondaTech

The P1K is over 100psi

The P700 is close to 100psi

Not sure about the P500

Reactions: CID
H

HondaTech

Talon? Probably similar to the P1K?

Most likely.

If you look on the right side of the engine near the oil fill there are several 10mm headed bolts. Those are feeds off the main bearings. The Jackson turbo gets its turbo oil feed from the rear most port. Thats also the same port Honda wants to read oil pressure from.

This is engine oil pressure, not DCT pressure. It can only be read with our diagnostic tool. Unless you t'd off the clutch pressure sensor on the bottom of the clutch cover.

There's also an oil temp sensor in the valve body cover but Honda only displays it in voltage, not actual temp.

Last edited:
Reactions: CID
Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I’m looking to monitor engine oil pressure on my Talon and need a location for a sending unit feeding a digital gauge. It also has the JR turbo.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Per service manual, use the rear port to test oil pressure with a special fitting. Pressure should be 71 to 85 PSI at 5,000 RPM.

That one might interfere with the dipstick plug so you might need to use the one further forward. Probably going to need a special fitting, it is straight thread and aluminum washer/gasket...

Reactions: DRKnight and CID
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
My PV3 from Dynojet reads my engine oil temp at 90 deg. LOL i don't think that is correct.

Dunegod

Dunegod

Mar 8, 2019
Mesa Az
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Paul, do you know if those straight threads are 6mm x 1.0?

advertisement
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Paul, do you know if those straight threads are 6mm x 1.0?
I have no clue. The parts book says it is an 8 mm so you will need to pull and measure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!