Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've seen Wolvy wheels mentioned a few times now. Are they really wider or just more offset?
I drove the 700 through all kinds of crazy stuff, but the 500 seems really spooky at times and really needs some added width . I think it feels way worse than it actually is, but...
I think the front are out just a little but if I remember right the rears are a couple inches offset. Rims are wider. Personally I’d rather go with offset wheels then spacers.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And you say @WillyBill is running them? I need to go find pics of his machine.
8F34CD6E BB2F 4B8A 9B4A 6D25C14120EE

I thought he had good idea for the money. Maybe he can say exact differences

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Those pictures look like riding in West Virginia, but with mountains on both sides of you. LOL
That pic use to be the road to town lol. It got overgrown a little and the rut gets bad, wider then a machine in places. Kind of a hell Mary at times now

Reactions: Dp5hunter and TimG
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Hey Gang. Sorry I didn't post in regards to the Wolverine wheels questions earlier but I was in Eastern UT archery elk hunting and no computer.
The Wheels I have came brand new off a 2017 Wolverine four seater. Both Ft & Rr are 1" wider on the tires than stock and are 25" Bighorn 2.0 but I believe wheels are the same width. Major difference=Front are 1.5" less back space and Rears are 3" less back space - these numbers are for two wheels combined to tell you total wheelbase change. Brings the Front to a full 50" and the rear to 51.5". I went between two steel posts last week that were EXACTLY 50' inside. Front cleared but back had to squish the tires a bit but rims did not hit.
Bought these from a local guy who had 1 mile on them and put aftermarket wheels and tires on his Wolvy. I paid $275 for all four wheels and tires mounted, unused, and ready to run. About 1200 miles on them so far and they are WAY superior to the stock Maxxis tires. If you don't get too aggressive with them and cut the sidewalls, the 2.0 Bighorns offer better grip than the ones with heavier sidewalls. I really notice the difference on challenges like wet logs. On rocks they are tough as nails but grip even when wet. I will eventually probably move to rear Wolverine wheels/rims and tires on all four corners and use a spacer on rear only to even out the width. Rear axle is slightly narrower than the Front by about 1.5".
BTW-I'm running 4.5 lbs. air pressure all the way around.

WB

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey Gang. Sorry I didn't post in regards to the Wolverine wheels questions earlier but I was in Eastern UT archery elk hunting and no computer.
The Wheels I have came brand new off a 2017 Wolverine four seater. Both Ft & Rr are 1" wider on the tires than stock and are 25" Bighorn 2.0 but I believe wheels are the same width. Major difference=Front are 1.5" less back space and Rears are 3" less back space - these numbers are for two wheels combined to tell you total wheelbase change. Brings the Front to a full 50" and the rear to 51.5". I went between two steel posts last week that were EXACTLY 50' inside. Front cleared but back had to squish the tires a bit but rims did not hit.
Bought these from a local guy who had 1 mile on them and put aftermarket wheels and tires on his Wolvy. I paid $275 for all four wheels and tires mounted, unused, and ready to run. About 1200 miles on them so far and they are WAY superior to the stock Maxxis tires. If you don't get too aggressive with them and cut the sidewalls, the 2.0 Bighorns offer better grip than the ones with heavier sidewalls. I really notice the difference on challenges like wet logs. On rocks they are tough as nails but grip even when wet. I will eventually probably move to rear Wolverine wheels/rims and tires on all four corners and use a spacer on rear only to even out the width. Rear axle is slightly narrower than the rear by about 1.5".
BTW-I'm running 4.5 lbs. air pressure all the way around.

WB
It was amazing how much better the 2.0 did in that snow then the others, even on your 500 before the lock nose. I keep seeing that with the Bighorns, seems hard to compete with and I agree some of it might be the light ply

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was amazing how much better the 2.0 did in that snow then the others, even on your 500 before the lock nose. I keep seeing that with the Bighorns, seems hard to compete with and I agree some of it might be the light ply
You guys are kinda touching on a subject I've been wondering about, and thats the shift away from old school balloon type ATV tires to more light truck type style stuff. I understand that UTV's are heavier and need more beef, but wasn't the original goal of the ATV tires high flotation and better traction? Some of the "hot" tires on here would have been dismissed as desert only stuff BITD.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You guys are kinda touching on a subject I've been wondering about, and thats the shift away from old school balloon type ATV tires to more light truck type style stuff. I understand that UTV's are heavier and need more beef, but wasn't the original goal of the ATV tires high flotation and better traction? Some of the "hot" tires on here would have been dismissed as desert only stuff BITD.

I agree. The BH's give you a little of both worlds really. They somewhat float in sand and snow, kinda ride up top as opposed to digging deep. They do okay in the mud but there are better tires out there for just that purpose.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I now know why people flop these things.

My brother and I were riding in my P5 this week while at the cabin and one of the trails we took it down had some extremely deep ruts.

Picture doesn't capture the giant kelly hump and 3' deep ruts, really. Riding the edge when the back left tire slipped into the rut and it immediately flopped on it's side. No pics of it on it's side as we immediately got out and righted it.

View attachment 84172

Decided to just winch it out of the rut. Haven't noticed any damage.

With two nearly 300lb men in it plus some gear, we really pushed that poor little thing, but, it was great.

We came up a trail that was about a 45 degree angle and was so steep and rutted that we both were sticking our bodies over the hood to keep the front tires down. Very, very sketchy trail. The P5 was pushed to it's limits and was awesome.

Rode about 24 miles exploring the Idaho back country above Dworshak reservoir. Found some awesome blackberry bushes and had a great afternoon.

View attachment 84174

View attachment 84175
Yeah, ruts like those are the bane of the P5.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!