Old, slow, and dumb as dirt. WTF am I thinking?

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wanted to introduce myself as a new member. Knew there had to be a place intro's were supposed to go I just could not find it.

This brings me to my post title. I'll be 67 in 6 weeks, I have a bad back and I'm not that bright (as you will see if you can stand reading this tripe). I do still like to get a little crazy, even after all these years. I have no experience in SXS's nor have I been able to ride a motorcycle for the last 7 years due to balance issues. I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma and I still drive it like I stole it. I need to cool it in the truck so I was looking for some action and thought this might be the avenue.

Now I am taking delivery of a 2021 Red Pioneer 700-4 next week. I had no idea what I bought into. As I read reviews and posts it seems Honda left a lot of parts off my $14,000 SXS. No rear bumper, no skid plates, no grab bars, and many other missing assorted goodies. I am now at $20K and still don't have a winch. So my first dumb question - Does it ever stop or is it like a boat, a hole in the water you throw money into till the day you part?

I hope not, cause if my wife leaves I lose a bunch of income...

I am Rick from Reading MI, its nice to be on board!
Welcome from NW Louisiana Rick.
Just ride!! Add stuff as you see a need. If you ride rough, make sure you have good skids. If you (don't) ride rough make sure you have good skids. A roof, a mid-panel, a windshield, a radio, big lights, and things like that are nice but won't get you off of the rocks or out of a mud hole. Enjoy your ride and jump in here as often as you can.

#NTC

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Canton, OH home of the world's largest orange juicer.

Pics or it didn't happen
Red is the fastest color

The spending definitely ends....when the bank account runs dry or the fun governor finds the receipts.

#NTC

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So my first dumb question - Does it ever stop or is it like a boat, a hole in the water you throw money into till the day you part?
Yes, or until you sell it, whichever comes first....😂

Welcome here Rick. You’ll have plenty of help spending your money and installing your necessaries here...😊

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Wanted to introduce myself as a new member. Knew there had to be a place intro's were supposed to go I just could not find it.

This brings me to my post title. I'll be 67 in 6 weeks, I have a bad back and I'm not that bright (as you will see if you can stand reading this tripe). I do still like to get a little crazy, even after all these years. I have no experience in SXS's nor have I been able to ride a motorcycle for the last 7 years due to balance issues. I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma and I still drive it like I stole it. I need to cool it in the truck so I was looking for some action and thought this might be the avenue.

Now I am taking delivery of a 2021 Red Pioneer 700-4 next week. I had no idea what I bought into. As I read reviews and posts it seems Honda left a lot of parts off my $14,000 SXS. No rear bumper, no skid plates, no grab bars, and many other missing assorted goodies. I am now at $20K and still don't have a winch. So my first dumb question - Does it ever stop or is it like a boat, a hole in the water you throw money into till the day you part?

I hope not, cause if my wife leaves I lose a bunch of income...

I am Rick from Reading MI, its nice to be on board!
Howdy from Oklahoma Rick, from a fellow senior citizen, and welcome aboard! I also got into ATV's because of health issues. Sold all my motorcycles and light speed capable cars. One thing has not changed, the wife still complains about my driving, (on the Honda) even though I seldom get over 35 MPH. I'll be counting on you for backup when I have to tell all these young dudes how things are gonna be around here.;)

N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yup, mid panel for sure. It really does help. not that much $ either. fyi... my wife is the one who talked me into spending 13,000$ without accessories and loves to be the co pilot. We use an app called Gaia GPS. It’s on my apple phone. Works well.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yup, mid panel for sure. It really does help. not that much $ either. fyi... my wife is the one who talked me into spending 13,000$ without accessories and loves to be the co pilot. We use an app called Gaia GPS. It’s on my apple phone. Works well.
Thanks for the tip on Gaia GPS. It looks like a winner! I'm assuming you are trailering it to the site? What size trailer do I need to be comfortable?

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Southern Arizona, another almost 3/4 century guy. I took my wife on her only ride almost two years ago. Too rough, too dusty, too much wind, too hot. So now I’ve cured the hot seat problem, spent a lot on shocks, new 801 UTV windshield with vents and a mid panel screen. She says that she wants to go on a ride again so we’ll give it a try in a couple of weeks. Oh, and last but not least a RB3 Offroad grab bar so she’ll have something to hang onto. Have a blast with your new toy.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I thought of and bought grab handles. I kind of expect some of the same issues with my wife as well. I have a roof and a split windshield coming, they just don't know when. I called on the Mid panel today and am waiting for the delivery of a sound and heat-dissipating rigid piece I plan to cut to size. I've been lingering for a week or so I've been trying to learn as much as I could.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!