One more shot at cold air through shifter area

R

Rgplate

Dec 7, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi Guys - Any updated to your design and efforts with the 22 or 23 part number? I am looking at doing something with my 2020 Pioneer 1000 air through the shifter.

Reactions: Smitty335
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Updating old threads today. Made it through winter with this setup. I helps a lot and I didn't have to remove the dash, which I would love to do and put a boot on it of the new style cover. Doesn't work perfect. When I shift it in gear the shift leaves a gap so you have to take your fingers and shove in on the rubber to make it over lap to stop more air. Not the best setup but helps a lost compared to being wide open. I'd say I'm going to live with it. Going slow on the farm most of time your fine. It's that down the road that will still freeze you, even with the heater. Also, I have more sealing to do in other areas this summer. These machines have cracks every where the cold just rolls in. I use the machine a lot in the winter and I like my comfort. Wussie I guess.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone made a video on how to remove the dash to maybe get those boots on the shifter arms?
Try LubeTube or the search up top.

Welcome from the lower 44 BTW
Please start a welcome thread and tell us about your rig and post up pics.
Its Rule #4 when u first post/join called…
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!😉🥳

B

Bill7718

Lifetime Member
Dec 22, 2023
North Bay,ON,Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought I put a couple of pics on

IMG 2809

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found a small shifter boot and inverted it under the dash. Works like a charm. but you have to remove the dash to install it. Notice the countersunk screws holding it in place. I also used 3M weatherstrip glue. It doesn't fit precisely, but it wound up the air intrusion.

View attachment 351412

View attachment 351413
@russknight I love your solution, Makes perfect sense. Do you have a part number or other identifiers for that boot?

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!