P500 OOPS,FELL IN MUD HOLE WATER IN EXHAUST

Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
What do you think of this guy's just in case replace a fuel pump and use this possible upgrade?

Screenshot 20200218 195838 Chrome Screenshot 20200218 200001 Chrome

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
MB_Rider

MB_Rider

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2019
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
The only way that will work is if you get a power commander to tune the PCM so it tells the fuel injectors to add more fuel to the combustion chamber. If you don't want to go that route you may as well replace it with an OEM pump. Your money your call.

Reactions: Mudwing and Steve00
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
This might make you feel better, jump to 24 minutes.

Reactions: Mudwing
Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
VERDICT IS IN GUYS, So i just replaced my fuel pump and.......IT WAS FULL OF s*** O-: Looked in gas tank and seemed the mechanic did a good job cleaning it out but fuel pump was pack with sand and gunk "im glad i replaceed it" if you get mud/dirt in ur gas tank do yourself a favor replace it!

Steve00

Steve00

Feb 15, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I would just to be on the safe side. If the 500 a separate fuel filter separate from the pump I would change that too. Your machine maybe okay and might not give you issues but in my mind the pump was sucking that stuff up and could cause troubles in the future.

good call bud, replaced the fuel pump today and it was packed, I guess I could of took it out cleaned it and replaceed it but what the hell i was in there i replaced it... ill clean the old one and keep for back up!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
good call bud, replaced the fuel pump today and it was packed, I guess I could of took it out cleaned it and replaceed it but what the hell i was in there i replaced it... ill clean the old one and keep for back up!
How long was it under water? I can't picture how that much mud/sand/dirt could get in the fuel tank. Where/how is our fuel tank vented? (be gentle, new owner, Zero miles ). That earlier photo of the dirty gas was alarming. :eek:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!