P1000 Outdoor storage covers 1000-5

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wondering what outdoor covers people are using for their 1000-5's, Amazon seems to have some from Classic Accessories that seem a descent deal and have some of their patio stuff (good quality)....just not sure on the sizing the CREW (150"L x 66"W x 75"H) is likely way too big and the LARGER 2-3 person (125"L x 64"W x 70"H) seems to only have a 2-3 person roof line in mind....any others to consider, any pics? It can get very windy up our mountain, 90MPH+ common especially in the winter...so looking for something solid! Maybe I should just expand our shed ;)

Reactions: BWAF
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you’re dealing with wind at that speed you’re going to want at least a towable cover. There made to deal with regular highway speed winds. Not sure how they hold up to 90mph wind though. Honda makes a nice one but it’s $250.

hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would consider expanding your shed,with 90 mph winds
and I figure you have the snow to deal with also.

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would consider expanding your shed,with 90 mph winds
and I figure you have the snow to deal with also.
Yeah, we do get the snow as well.....still interested in cover options as I can probably stick Bob below the deck out of the wind...on top of that working on Bob right now, no time to work on expanding the shed ;)

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What if you put Bob under the deck and erect a wall on each side to protect from the elements?
Or close off the underside of the deck (wall it up)

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The OEM Honda towable cover is very nice.

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What if you put Bob under the deck and erect a wall on each side to protect from the elements?
Or close off the underside of the deck (wall it up)
Thought about that as well, however would block the escape window for my kids ;) I think if it has a cover it should be fine there just needs something to protect from either melting snow on the deck or rain...the wind not that big of an issue there as the prevailing wind is blocked by the house.

W

WildTurkey

Feb 8, 2018
Nantahala NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wondering what outdoor covers people are using for their 1000-5's, Amazon seems to have some from Classic Accessories..... ;)

I have the Honda cover for our 1k-3 and live near the top of a Mtn in Western NC. Windy enough that shingles ripped from the roof before replacing with a metal roof. By itself, the tarp does not stay on in high wind. Tried as you suggest parking on the back side away from prevailing winds but the swirling wind off the roof and around the house still blew the cover off. Mistakenly put it on backwards and it does stay on better than installed in the proper direction.

It would be easy enough to add some tarp attachments and place a block on the ground under the front and rear to attach the cover or hook it back to the frame.

As far as durability, the tarp holds up well and is still waterproof after 6 months.

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda cover for our 1k-3 and live near the top of a Mtn in Western NC. Windy enough that shingles ripped from the roof before replacing with a metal roof. By itself, the tarp does not stay on in high wind. Tried as you suggest parking on the back side away from prevailing winds but the swirling wind off the roof and around the house still blew the cover off. Mistakenly put it on backwards and it does stay on better than installed in the proper direction.

It would be easy enough to add some tarp attachments and place a block on the ground under the front and rear to attach the cover or hook it back to the frame.

As far as durability, the tarp holds up well and is still waterproof after 6 months.

View attachment 79787

Cool, yeah still have a couple of months to this figured out like to not store it in the garage especially not in the winter months.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you wall it in you can put a 2'x2' or so cut out on a couple of hinges so the escape factor is still there. The main wall can still be locked down tight for security and weather protection purposes and no one is taking the side x side out the escape door. The kids not turning it into a playhouse is another thing altogether. lol

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement
D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you wall it in you can put a 2'x2' or so cut out on a couple of hinges so the escape factor is still there. The main wall can still be locked down tight for security and weather protection purposes and no one is taking the side x side out the escape door. The kids not turning it into a playhouse is another thing altogether. lol
Not so much worried about security for 1000, mile long cul-da-sac, no crime of any kind in decades, my kids though...they have enough playground I would hope ;)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At the risk of being chastised for doing so, I entered Wenatchee WA crime rate in google and this was the text with the top result....

"Relative to Washington, Wenatchee has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes. Importantly, when you compare Wenatchee to other communities of similar population, then Wenatchee crime rate (violent and property crimes combined) is quite a bit higher than average."

I don't live there and I hope you're right and never have any trouble. I also know a lock only keeps an honest person honest.

Reactions: Mudwing
D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At the risk of being chastised for doing so, I entered Wenatchee WA crime rate in google and this was the text with the top result....

"Relative to Washington, Wenatchee has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes. Importantly, when you compare Wenatchee to other communities of similar population, then Wenatchee crime rate (violent and property crimes combined) is quite a bit higher than average."

I don't live there and I hope you're right and never have any trouble. I also know a lock only keeps an honest person honest.
Lol, yes that is true...we are the exception on the rule living 20 miles up the mountain...last neighborhood until you hit the ski resort! One mile up a cul-da-sac with no escape routes ;)

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just checking ;) You must be walking around armed all the time!!! Within Ohio, more than 97% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Canton. In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Canton to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checking ;) You must be walking around armed all the time!!! Within Ohio, more than 97% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Canton. In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Canton to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A.

Preach! I made no claims of "no crime of any kind in decades" in my town/city/neighborhood/street/whatever though. Someday maybe I will live in utopia too. In the meantime camera's and insurance and other such measures will have to suffice. I still stand behind a lock only keeps an honest person honest. My apologies for offending you sir.

Reactions: BWAF and Mudwing
D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Preach! I made no claims of "no crime of any kind in decades" in my town/city/neighborhood/street/whatever though. Someday maybe I will live in utopia too. In the meantime camera's and insurance and other such measures will have to suffice. I still stand behind a lock only keeps an honest person honest. My apologies for offending you sir.
not offended at all....just kidding around!! agree on the lock...

Reactions: BWAF and NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!