P500 Outer CV Joint

HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Well took the machine into the wash bay, prepping for the 1st service and oh no.... a ripped outer cv boot. I am glad I washed it, because now I am thinking I probably wouldn't have caught it till next week. I have just put on enough hours and kilometers for the first inspection and service and have additional work to do. I also picked up a set of FXR pants and shirt from the Honda dealership, and am impressed how well made and fitting they are, totally recommend the two products.

Thought I was done buying accessories... however looking at A-Arm front & rear protectors for the boots. Looking for something that is easy to clean out... any recommendations?

Any ideas on what the cost will be for the cv boot replacement?
Thumbnail IMG 20190726 112530
Thumbnail IMG 20190725 155949
Thumbnail IMG 1698
Thumbnail IMG 20190726 112549

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ricochet makes some thick aluminum ones (on rear). Strongmade black fronts, but can spray out ok with some effort.

6C34B1D7 F3B3 4B94 A6AE E744EE04F073 F852B63D 7D80 4C85 93AE 1AA6FDC5075A

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and HaggyGP
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Put Strong Made stick stoppers on all 4 when I first got it and they've held up really well. They're steel and heavier but ride low so I looked at it as a bonus.
They've been through some serious sh** and I've never had an issue... other than the time to thoroughly clean the mud out of them. ;)

Crash

HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Put Strong Made stick stoppers on all 4 when I first got it and they've held up really well. They're steel and heavier but ride low so I looked at it as a bonus.
They've been through some serious sh** and I've never had an issue... other than the time to thoroughly clean the mud out of them. ;)

View attachment 144166
Thanks, I will research that brand. The price of the guards is probably what my cv boot replacement will be! Thanks again for the heads up

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

View attachment 144166
:eek:Damn that looks like a hard hit! I bet you felt that one!

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
:eek:Damn that looks like a hard hit! I bet you felt that one!

Yeah, that was a big rock just under the surface on a water crossing. Stopped us in our tracks and that was the result. That plow bracket is super thick and it was wasted. Probably a good thing it was on there, may have been worse damage to the machine. :eek:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah, that was a big rock just under the surface on a water crossing. Stopped us in our tracks and that was the result. That plow bracket is super thick and it was wasted. Probably a good thing it was on there, may have been worse damage to the machine. :eek:
Yeah, as you know I have the same and I was referring to it as my bash plate, lol! Any frame damage? Might have to reinforce that area to keep it from crushing as is shown in your pic! I have noticed a lower stance with the Elkas...I may be in trouble!

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, as you know I have the same and I was referring to it as my bash plate, lol! Any frame damage? Might have to reinforce that area to keep it from crushing as is shown in your pic! I have noticed a lower stance with the Elkas...I may be in trouble!

Kinda worked as a bash plate, lol! No frame damage, did screw up my front skid plate I made. I just bumped it out and all good.
Yeah, I noticed the WE would settle a little after each adjustment, I think they've finally found their happy place. ;)

Reactions: Eltobgi
T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Got the Ricochet guards in yesterday and on this morning. The aluminum seems thick enough to hold up to what I will put it through. They look to provide good protection to the boots especially on the back. I have not had it on the trail yet but maybe soon hot weather permitting.:)
I hope I never need a bash plate. I try to avoid such things but then you never know. When the guards came in my wife said are you ever going to quit adding stuff on the SXS. If she only knew.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When the guards came in my wife said are you ever going to quit adding stuff on the SXS. If she only knew.

My wife has heard that I'm done countless times, she just says 'yeah right'. She does agree that everything I've done makes it better though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!