P500 Outside air temp gauge

S

spartner

Oct 17, 2019
Spokane
Ownership

1. 500
From time to time while out riding, I wonder how hot or cold it is outside. I think I would like to install an outside air temp gauge, much like you can find in an automobile, on my dash. Any advice or guidance will be appreciated.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
From time to time while out riding, I wonder how hot or cold it is outside. I think I would like to install an outside air temp gauge, much like you can find in an automobile, on my dash. Any advice or guidance will be appreciated.
Unless you have a climate controlled side by side , a simple thermometer on your dash would do it .

• Haha
Reactions: Montecresto
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check on your phone. That's what I do.

S

spartner

Oct 17, 2019
Spokane
Ownership

1. 500
HUCK, that is what I may need to do but I was hoping to find something with a remote sensor that I could place out of the sun and away from other heat sources and the display would not look out of place on the dash. I was looking at Gloe-shift and Teltek but theirs require a 2 1/6" hole to mount them. Thanks for your reply.

S

spartner

Oct 17, 2019
Spokane
Ownership

1. 500
Backwoods, the phone works well if I am in an area with cell coverage but often I am not. Still, that would be less convenient (digging out the phone ) than a gauge on the dash. Thanks for your reply.

S

spartner

Oct 17, 2019
Spokane
Ownership

1. 500
Get-the-gaff, that is an interesting alternative. I'll give it some thought. A bit on the expensive side. Thanks for the reply.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
HUCK, that is what I may need to do but I was hoping to find something with a remote sensor that I could place out of the sun and away from other heat sources and the display would not look out of place on the dash. I was looking at Gloe-shift and Teltek but theirs require a 2 1/6" hole to mount them. Thanks for your reply.
Well you sparked my interest so I got 2 of these for under10 bucks . Double sided tape install
Thumbnail IMG 5264

Reactions: Swampdog and Mudder
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get-the-gaff, that is an interesting alternative. I'll give it some thought. A bit on the expensive side. Thanks for the reply.

I mounted the remote sensor un in the very front in the black fender.

It’s got an electronic compass built into it as well

When I bought mine seems like I paid $75-80

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

advertisement
S

spartner

Oct 17, 2019
Spokane
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted the remote sensor un in the very front in the black fender.

It’s got an electronic compass built into it as well

When I bought mine seems like I paid $75-80

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Get-the-gaff, that sounds like the way to do it. Thanks for the info.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Huck, at two for $10 I have to give them a try. Where did you get them? Thanks.
Amazon but I made a mistake . they were 8.50 not 10 . I got a red and a black .
Component Design Northwest AT140 Stick m Up Thermometer - Set of 2 - Color Randomly Selected by CDN

Sold by: OneCountryShop Inc

Return eligible through Aug 1, 2020

$7.99

Condition: New - Brand New and in the Original Manufacturers Packaging. Genuine CDN. We are authorized dealers for CDN. Each Order includes 2 thermometers. The colors will vary between white, red, and black. Apologies but due to Amazon's inventory system you cannot select a color.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Auto parts and garden centers might have stick on thermometers too.

I've had this on sitting on my desk for years, finally found a use for it - strapped on the ROPS directly in front of me. The probe is the exposed point on the left. Air flows over the top of the SATV windshield across it.
I zsDgFJF M

Reactions: Swampdog
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have a Garmin sensor attached to my P5 that feeds the current temp to my Montana.

Reactions: CID
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
No, just my wiper on the P500, if i need to use it and its drops, its raining, if its white its snowing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!