P1000 Outside Rearview Mirrorrs Compatible with Fabric Door Uppers??

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I just purchased a new Honda Pioneer 1000. Per my order, dealer installed a hardtop, fabric rear panel, and fabric door uppers. I also requested Outside Rearview Mirrors but dealer declined because Honda Powersports accessory catalog states external rearview mirrors are not compatible with fabric upper door panels.

I think the reason is the mirrors do not extend far enough to provide line of sight viewing by driver.

Has anyone found aftermarket mirrors that will work with the fabric door panels? I think they'll have to extend 4" to 6" wider than standard mirrors.

State of WV will register and provide license plate for "street legal" Pioneer. "Street Legal" includes turns signals, horn, and inside and outside rearview mirrors.

Reactions: TxDoc
M

Muldoon

Jun 3, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just purchased a new Honda Pioneer 1000. Per my order, dealer installed a hardtop, fabric rear panel, and fabric door uppers. I also requested Outside Rearview Mirrors but dealer declined because Honda Powersports accessory catalog states external rearview mirrors are not compatible with fabric upper door panels.

I think the reason is the mirrors do not extend far enough to provide line of sight viewing by driver.

Has anyone found aftermarket mirrors that will work with the fabric door panels? I think they'll have to extend 4" to 6" wider than standard mirrors.

State of WV will register and provide license plate for "street legal" Pioneer. "Street Legal" includes turns signals, horn, and inside and outside rearview mirrors.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe only the seizmik fabric doors allow for this so makes sense they declined. You may have to find a way around, fab your own mounts to work with the factory doors, won’t be able to mount them to the ROPS as they will interfere with the doors opening.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I installed a pair of generic aftermarket mirrors in order to pass state vehicle inspection and register the buggy.

I learned the problem is not interference with opened doors as I too believed. The problem is the plastic trim pieces that mount to the A pillar (side of windshield) as part of the fabric upper door kit. Nothing can be clamped on the A pillar without cutting out openings in the trim pieces which can allow water entry if riding in heavy rain. It's not an ideal situation.

The mirrors are installed and the doors will open very wide (about 120°) without interference but the right side mirror is partially hidden from driver view from the driver's seat. I can see part of it but not the full mirror surface. My view of the right side is limited.

The problem is the wide band of upper door fabric next to the A pillars and around the side windows in the fabric panels hide the right side mirror from the driver's line of sight from the driver's seat.

The buggy passed inspection but the right side mirror is not very effective. Long arm mirrors extending several inches farther from the A pillars would be much better but I haven't found any. Wide mirrors would not be handy on trails.

I also bought a set of Honda mirrors. The OEM Honda products are much better quality but harder to install and don't solve the problem of being hidden behind the upper door panels.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!