OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Went by to see my dealership today. I want to thank everyone at 35 North Honda aka. Kent motorsports for all the help and door prizes they donated for our [HASHTAG]#pioneertakover[/HASHTAG]. Here is a picture of the staff for you guys. Please give this dealership an opportunity to help you with your Pioneer needs in the future. 5c1236f3de6c8a081a558f621944c63a

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
He also has over a dozen in stock now!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bout the only other Honda accessory I'm considering is maybe sideview mirrors. If I decide to buy some I'll give them the business.

Stimey58

Stimey58

Lifetime Member
Feb 21, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
I'll make my half door purchase from them. Thanks @Tramguage1

Sent from my iPhone 10s
I have them on mine and to be honest you may wait and see if the aftermarket ones that will follow are better. The jacknut install plus the lack of good seal is enough to disappoint. I also think they are too difficult to install/remove in any rush. Just my opinion. Kinda wish i waited.....

Reactions: joeymt33
Stimey58

Stimey58

Lifetime Member
Feb 21, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
BTW, did anyone else lose their bolts out of the OEM branded split windshield? Very frustrating! gone before I even hit my 20th mile on the machine; on both sides of windshield!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
BTW, did anyone else lose their bolts out of the OEM branded split windshield? Very frustrating! gone before I even hit my 20th mile on the machine; on both sides of windshield!
No problems with mine.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just curious does anyone know the total number of pioneers in attendance?

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I very much vicariously enjoyed this Pioneer take-over by reading through this thread. I hope more is written and posted. Tell me, those who rode the new Pioneer 1000's, how did they do? I believe many have owned other machines before getting the new 1000, so I am interested in everyone's take on how these new machines performed. For the record, I have a deluxe and I love it and have all good things to say about it. I would think this ride would yield some good opinions.

Stimey58

Stimey58

Lifetime Member
Feb 21, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
I very much vicariously enjoyed this Pioneer take-over by reading through this thread. I hope more is written and posted. Tell me, those who rode the new Pioneer 1000's, how did they do? I believe many have owned other machines before getting the new 1000, so I am interested in everyone's take on how these new machines performed. For the record, I have a deluxe and I love it and have all good things to say about it. I would think this ride would yield some good opinions.
You are asking exactly what I was asking before buying. I came from a RZR S model 2011. I had upgraded Walker Evans susp on it so it may not be a total apples to apples comparison but I wanted the ability to take the family or friends in one vehicle without a school bus turning radius. Id say mission accomplished. Power-no issues. Coming from a no shift machine and riding all day in auto mode on this one-no problem. Only manual shifting I'd do is on the long downhill sections where she wanted to go too slow and hang that lower gear. Tons of engine braking. More than a rzr, way more. Getting used to it but different. I upshifted sometimes to go a little faster as I mentioned before. Width-no problems. I have no lift, oem tires and a 3/8 UHMW skid and a arm setup-I hit all the stuff Id hit on a rzr but nothing more. RRB is rocky and kind of choppy with ruts washouts and rocks. Id say rzr suspension was softer and def absorbed more. Maybe like the difference between a utility quad and a sport quad. In those conditions they both beat you up by the end of the day but maybe the rzr would have a little less. I had my "normal riding crew" with me at the takeover. It was a RZR 1000, 900 XP and an older 50" 800. I think we were all a little upper body beat up but nothing abnormal. Im very happy with the purchase. Hope some of this helps, gave me a good chance to ramble!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine fell out where the lifter arms hook to the top windshield. They both went about 2 miles apart. Zip tied the rest of the weekend! ARGHHH!
Did the bolts loosen or did the rubber grommets Com out of the windsheild?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just curious does anyone know the total number of pioneers in attendance?
We had 23 Friday night and another group of 7 that road on there own plus a few more saturday. It's a close estimate but lets book 33 as the official number of machines attending the [HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG]!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The nuts on mine are the nylon locking type. There is a metal spacer that is inside the rubber grommet that allows you to be able to torch the bolts pretty good without damaging the rubber.

Reactions: joeymt33
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I lost mine on my 700 and on my 1000, the factory bolts where not long enough to catch the nylon on the locknut, put 1/2 longer bolts and they have held up since.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!