JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice bike, I cant wait to run mine as soon as I get the overheating fixed. today ordered the split windshield, rear hitch mount, hitch receiver, rear view mirror, tail gate enclosure and some roll bar grips.
Nice! 👍

Where you riding down there? The Humps?

NoMo!!!!! You pervs!😂😂

Batufatz

Batufatz

Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2022
Miami Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Nice! 👍

Where you riding down there? The Humps?

NoMo!!!!! You pervs!😂😂
I haven't ridden the humps, i have been going to peace river, river ranch, Ocala park and plant bamboo. Riding here gets you an arrest for trespassing like my friend received. We are policed for the wrong things sometimes. lol

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Little info. If you become a supporting member you can get the manual and no more advertisements.
Access to the Manual is worth the supporting membership, all by itself. The access to the site without ads is very helpful (especially when using a cell phone)!! Spend the $$. You won't regret it!!!!

Batufatz

Batufatz

Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2022
Miami Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Update , I took the bike to the dealer and they told me it is the fan. They said the fan got wet even though it has a vent line. Another concern is they said my bike had the transmission rebuilt under warranty and the notes placed by the mechanic says their was mud in the tranny. This bike has 45 hours , is t hat common or did the guy who i purchased it from rode it like he stole it?

Batufatz

Batufatz

Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2022
Miami Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
HI, I just purchased a used 2021 honda talon 1000x-4 with 47 hours and 590 miles. As soon as i got it home my daughter took it around the neighborhood and it began overheating pushing coolant out of the reservoir tank. The fan never turned on. Does anyone no where is the fan relay located? Thanks
oh and the fan repair is $700.00

Batufatz

Batufatz

Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2022
Miami Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Well, got the bike back from the dealer and i took it out this weekend.
Still Overheating!!! Now the fan turns on and sometimes it brings the temp down and sometimes it doesn't.
I will try the bleeding it , i also purchased an override switch and I'm thinking of replacing the thermostat. Any other ideas?
damn i wasn't expecting to repair a 2021 talon with a bit over 40 hours.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
A

a94cobra

Dec 28, 2021
TX
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
thank you , i will become a supporting member
Where is the supporting member stuff and manual?

Also, I’m not sure how y’all are overriding the fan. I see several kits for sale and the like. But after looking at the wiring diagram, all you need is a wire and a switch to ground coming off the fan relay. Easy peasy.

My fan works, but seems like it takes forever to come on. Rad seems way too hot. Now it’s fixed with a fan override wire.

Reactions: Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Also, I’m not sure how y’all are overriding the fan. I see several kits for sale and the like. But after looking at the wiring diagram, all you need is a wire and a switch to ground coming off the fan relay. Easy peasy.
Some people prefer a no-splice plug-n-play solution that uses sealed connections, relay, in-line fuse and lighted rocker switch ready to go. It can be wired various ways (direct, key-off only, key-on only, or key-on/off depending upon switch position).

No, you don't have to buy a harness from the club store, but some folks want to take the guess work out of it, plug it in, and be done. Plus, club store salws support the forum.

To each thier own.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!