Winch Remote Plug Location?

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've got my Warn Axon bolted on and am curious where is everyone mounting their handheld remote plug? I know the Honda kit says the glove box just wondering if others have mounted it elsewhere. TIA.

Reactions: Vikes79
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My '21 P1000 SE was delivered with the remote plug inside the glove box as you mentioned. This is a compromise that allows winch operation while in the vehicle and while out front guiding the rope back onto the drum. However, the wire length is only enough to get to the front of the vehicle. I added a wireless remote ($20 on Amazon):

winch remote

I use it more than the wired remote. I added a "kill" switch on the dash which removes power from the remote receiver, otherwise it would be always on, and since the winch is factory wired to the battery through the contactor (relay) stray RF might cause the winch to operate uncommanded and that could break things. The winch can still be operated power off, though if the engine is available, that will help prevent depleting batteries (I added a AUX bat and changed the winch wiring to AUX.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have mine on my dash near the shift handle. Mostly because I plow in the winter and use my left hand to run the plow up and down while the other hand steers / shifts.

if I need to use the winch I also have a dash switch, or I just use the remote as it has a long lead and drape it over the dash.

C

Cestratton

Jun 22, 2021
Harrison, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have mine on my dash near the shift handle. Mostly because I plow in the winter and use my left hand to run the plow up and down while the other hand steers / shifts.

if I need to use the winch I also have a dash switch, or I just use the remote as it has a long lead and drape it over the dash.
Since I have the Live Valve I'll have to get a switch plate to mount the rocker. I'm kind of leaning towards dash above the headlight switch for the plug, is that where you are describing?

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I mounted mine near the bottom of the dash, below the headlight switch. I also mounted an always hot 12 volt outlet there. It is a handy place to connect a battery tender. The winch rocker switch went to the right of the headlight switch and blank rocker switch location. Then I used an adapter from the Honda sxs store to install the switch for my small light bar in the previously blank hole, next to the headlight switch. I like everything where it is. :)

20210922 141313

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!