Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sept 30 - Oct 3 (Thur-Sun)
Open invite to anyone who would like to try a little overland adventure.

@Ridinfool is putting together a group ride Oct 1 - 3 at Ride Royal Blue.
I will be attending but have no plans to get an actual cabin or hotel. Instead, I will be camping on the trail.
I welcome new riders of all skill levels. This will not be an advanced adventure like I usually do...
Unless... Only advanced riders commit.
Stock machines are welcome to join.

Right now, the plan is still open depending on who can come when.
Would like to leave no later than Thursday afternoon, would prefer to be gone by at least 2pm.
We will head to The New River Unit west of i75. These trails are less traveled but not considered hard.

There are several campsites I have marked.
And, by campsite... I mean a flat open spot that might have a fire pit in the woods somewhere. lol.
Some we have stayed at before. Some I have not.

Gas - Need to pack at least 2 gallons. We will be making a gas run.
Need to start on a 100% full tank.
Food - any fresh food should be eaten the first night, second-night risk damaging it or it goes bad. We usually eat the Mountain house meals. We can boil you some water if you need.
Camping - Hammocks work best, but there might be a spot for a tent or 2. More on hammock camping later if needed.
Bathing... We will find a creek/river to wash off in at some point.

So.. Who's in?
There will be a machine count limit!

Here is the Mayhem on the Mountain post. We will return Sat to meet up with these guys and camp somewhere close by Sat night.

Last edited:
C

coleman4868

Sept 30 - Oct 3 (Thur-Sun)
Open invite to anyone who would like to try a little overland adventure.

@Ridinfool is putting together a group ride Oct 1 - 3 at Ride Royal Blue.
I will be attending but have no plans to get an actual cabin or hotel. Instead, I will be camping on the trail.
I welcome new riders of all skill levels. This will not be an advanced adventure like I usually do...
Unless... Only advanced riders commit.
Stock machines are welcome to join.

Right now, the plan is still open depending on who can come when.
Would like to leave no later than Thursday afternoon, would prefer to be gone in the am
We will head to The New River Unit west of i75.

There are several campsites I have marked.
And, by campsite... I mean a flat open spot that might have a fire pit in the woods somewhere. lol.
Some we have stayed at before. Some I have not.

Gas - Need to pack at least 4-5 gallons. We most likely won't see a gas station once we leave the truck stops.
We will overfill our tanks before we leave the truckstops. More on that later if needed.
Food - Cold food should be limited or ate the first day. There will be nowhere to get Ice once we leave. Tips on extending cold storage later if needed.
Camping - Hammocks work best, but there might be a spot for a tent or 2. More on hammock camping later if needed.

So.. Who's in?
There will be a machine count limit!

Here is the Mayhem on the Mountain post. We will return Sat to meet up with these guys and camp somewhere close by Sat night.
Sounds like what I've been wanting to do. I'll mark it on my calendar with hopes of making it. But I'll have to wait till next month to see if I can make it.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Most likely still in as I should be able to schedule work around this.

Where will we be parking our tow rigs?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
180560948 10223639530435197 7801612323051753677 n

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think I can get the female to tent camp on the trail, but I sure as hell will. My buggy is mostly stock in the off-roading regard, I mean I have lights and a winch and all, but stock suspension and horsepower. Let me run it by her, but I think I'll be in. What date do you need a commitment by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!