P1000 P1000-5 Rattle Under Floorboard

S

stuartgreed

Apr 2, 2021
Yale, ok
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning. I am hoping to get help finding a solution to a rattle I cannot locate. I am hearing a pretty intense rattle under the passenger floorboard under light load while accelerating. Does not appear at idle or under heavy acceleration and only in 2WD. I have looked for exhaust leaks, u joints, loose bolts/nuts, and cleared up any and all bed/door rattles. I'm losing my mind at this point, any help is appreciated. Thank you

S

stuartgreed

Apr 2, 2021
Yale, ok
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to report back in the event that someone else is chasing this same noise. Several people pointed me in the direction of the small rods underneath the floorboard. After pulling the front floor out I determined that these rods were in deed the culprit. I secured them so that they could not move within the slot that they are fixed into, there are two points at the seat frame and two points on the front of the machine just behind the front differential. After securing them so that they cannot vibrate in the oblong holes the noise is completely gone.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wanted to report back in the event that someone else is chasing this same noise. Several people pointed me in the direction of the small rods underneath the floorboard. After pulling the front floor out I determined that these rods were in deed the culprit. I secured them so that they could not move within the slot that they are fixed into, there are two points at the seat frame and two points on the front of the machine just behind the front differential. After securing them so that they cannot vibrate in the oblong holes the noise is completely gone.
I've had a noise from the same area for 6 months now. Thanks for reporting back.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the State of the Great Lakes!

First Things First...
Pics or it didnt happen!

second, a vidga (for those in Reo Linda thats a Video) of the noise will help, otherwise were grasping at straws like thowing chit at a chalkboard.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
What rods? What is their function? Are they fixed or rotating/moving machinery?

Reactions: Lady01
S

stuartgreed

Apr 2, 2021
Yale, ok
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rods are located under the front floorboard- I went from the top down but they may also be accessible from underneath if the skid plate was removed. They are stationary 1/4" solid rods, they fix into the seat frame and run up towards the front of the machine. My assumption is they are there to support the center section of the floor board, where the middle passenger would put his/her feet.

I wish that I would have gotten pics or a video during the process but did not. The original noise complaint I had was a rattle or "ting" from under front floor. Only happened during certain RPM and load ranges. I am happy to say it is now resolved.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!