P1000m5 P1000-5 Street Legal Ohio

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is a copy/paste of my post in the Ohio Pioneer riders facebook group.

Ladies & Gents, for those interested in obtaining car plates for their pioneer, hit up google and fill out form DPS1373. Install and verify you have the proper equipment installed
Brakes (factory installed)
Brake Lights (factory installed)
Headlights (factory installed)
Tail lights (factory installed)
tires (factory installed)
steering mechanism (factory installed)

Basically you are responsible for the following
windshield
rearview mirror (either outboard rear facing, or interior rearview mirror, err on the side of caution and try to install all 3)
Warning devices/reflectors (turn signals)

If you guys want a list of parts I used and pictures of them installed, I can try to snap some pictures.

Final step is find a police department willing to complete the inspection. You will probably have better luck in rural departments, officers that are accustomed to seeing these on the street with OHV plates.Should be as easy as a phone call to your local dispatch and ask for a vehicle inspection. I would not specify what type of vehicle unless they really want to know. Tell them it is a mini truck. Basically an inspection for a body code change.

If you do not have the title for your vehicle, you will need to request the lien holder send it to your local title office. This is a long process. Honda sent mine 3 times before the office accepted it and knew what I wanted to do. Your title office will probably just look at the inspection report. If you happen to fake it, I doubt anyone will be the wiser.
Lots of good info here, Thank you. Are you still runnin around on the streets of Painsville and do you ever drive thru any surrounding areas with little or no problems from the law?
I'm lookin into street legality for my 1000-3

Reactions: Smitty335
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of good info here, Thank you. Are you still runnin around on the streets of Painsville and do you ever drive thru any surrounding areas with little or no problems from the law?
I'm lookin into street legality for my 1000-3
You just need to drive with respect to the police.
Stay off the state routes if you can.
I have driven it from Painesville TWP to a Mentor industrial park for work. I have driven it short lengths on state routes when there is no other reasonable option. I also have driven it in Ashtabula county quite a bit. Always on the outskirts of town. Never had it in the bigger cities of Bula.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You just need to drive with respect to the police.
Stay off the state routes if you can.
I have driven it from Painesville TWP to a Mentor industrial park for work. I have driven it short lengths on state routes when there is no other reasonable option. I also have driven it in Ashtabula county quite a bit. Always on the outskirts of town. Never had it in the bigger cities of Bula.
Cool, thanks for the input. Have you had any close calls that required accident avoidance measures because of distracted drivers?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool, thanks for the input. Have you had any close calls that required accident avoidance measures because of distracted drivers?
Nope, I try to stay off 4 lane roadways for that exact reason. I try to take secondary roads thru town when I can. It may be slower, but less traffic and rubber neckers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!