Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.. Counter balance just stabilizes the motor from shaking and balances it out. This was the part that Honda identified a issue with last year as per the link I sent...

Find it funny Honda customer service said they didn't have a clue. But it's just a call center. Only thing on there mind is what's for lunch.

Sent via Tapatalk.

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Lol.. Counter balance just stabilizes the motor from shaking and balances it out. This was the part that Honda identified a issue with last year as per the link I sent...

Find it funny Honda customer service said they didn't have a clue. But it's just a call center. Only thing on there mind is what's for lunch.

Sent via Tapatalk.
Lol you’re completely right about that. Otw to dealer today

H

Honda-SxS-P3

*update* A tech at the dealer i took it to FOUND the “recall” for the CB shaft! They Could not find it until i showed them the link i was sent on here! Thank y’all again!! Well they are taking step by step pictures and sending over to Honda during the process, and the way they talked Honda should fix this issue, no problem! Fingers crossed. They was amazed because they said they have never seen or heard of one grenade like this one. Lol. Said i was the very first person to show them that “recall” until today they knew nothing about it. So apparently mine was one of the very first 3seaters to roll off the line behind the 5seaters with this issue! Hopefully this process won’t take too awful long! Thanks everyone for being so helpful on here!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
*update* A tech at the dealer i took it to FOUND the “recall” for the CB shaft! They Could not find it until i showed them the link i was sent on here! Thank y’all again!! Well they are taking step by step pictures and sending over to Honda during the process, and the way they talked Honda should fix this issue, no problem! Fingers crossed. They was amazed because they said they have never seen or heard of one grenade like this one. Lol. Said i was the very first person to show them that “recall” until today they knew nothing about it. So apparently mine was one of the very first 3seaters to roll off the line behind the 5seaters with this issue! Hopefully this process won’t take too awful long! Thanks everyone for being so helpful on here!

As hard to believe as it is, there is actually some real value and some great knowledge here.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It took my dealer right at 3 months to get the approval and parts in to repair it But it was not the service dept they were all over the honda rep to get it approved and kept in touch with me through the whole process. Mine to was the first time they had seen my problem spun rod bearing due to clutch fibers stopping up the oil pump screen and it also changed the time that honda allowed the service techs to replace burnt clutches. I think that they should replace your engine bit I would say that they will replace just what is needed to make it run but the paper trail is a long process but it looks like it heading in the right direction

Reactions: sharp
H

Honda-SxS-P3

It took my dealer right at 3 months to get the approval and parts in to repair it But it was not the service dept they were all over the honda rep to get it approved and kept in touch with me through the whole process. Mine to was the first time they had seen my problem spun rod bearing due to clutch fibers stopping up the oil pump screen and it also changed the time that honda allowed the service techs to replace burnt clutches. I think that they should replace your engine bit I would say that they will replace just what is needed to make it run but the paper trail is a long process but it looks like it heading in the right direction
Yea my biggest fear is how long it’s going to take them, lol. We have a out of town ride planned for March 1st thru 4th so the way it’s looking i might be catching a ride with my buddy in his teryx lol. Honda doesn’t offer a crate engine sooo they have to do it piece by piece and I’m sure Honda won’t get in no hurry to send parts lol

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say that your right on that and from the looks of the pic you are going to need both cases top and bottom it took longer to get bearings for mine keep us posted

H

Honda-SxS-P3

I would say that your right on that and from the looks of the pic you are going to need both cases top and bottom it took longer to get bearings for mine keep us posted[/QUOTE
I hope Honda says “hey, send us that machine back for further R&D we’re sending you a new one” lmao but I’m sure that’ll never happen haha

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How long have you owned your machine?
The dealer should have entered your vin in Hondas database before selling it to see if it had any recalls or open action items prior to delivery.

Reactions: pct
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
If the dealer did not submit your paperwork to Honda and you did not get any recall notices I gotta wonder if others may be driving an unsafe rig? I would entertain legal action if fraud is involved.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just did some more reading.
The cb campaign was for 1000-5 only, it also expired July 2017. Hopefully they get you fixed up quickly.

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Just did some more reading.
The cb campaign was for 1000-5 only, it also expired July 2017. Hopefully they get you fixed up quickly.
I bought it in 11/2016 but a dealer technician said he thinks that mine may be one of the very first 3 seaters that rolled off the line right behind the deluxe models and has the same issue as they did.

Reactions: pct
H

Honda-SxS-P3

If the dealer did not submit your paperwork to Honda and you did not get any recall notices I gotta wonder if others may be driving an unsafe rig? I would entertain legal action if fraud is involved.
Yea I’ve thought about that also! So if this this issue happens to anyone else I’ll know where to guide them lol. Luckily they done some digging at the dealership and found the bulletin, but like folks have said on here it’s hidden pretty good and if you give vin or ask about recalls it won’t show up

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Hopefully your local rep is stand-up and approves your repairs.
I’m in SC and i bought this thing from Destination powersports, and i will NEVER give them any more of my business. They have done everything they can but block my number just so they don’t have to answer my questions

ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I’ve thought about that also! So if this this issue happens to anyone else I’ll know where to guide them lol. Luckily they done some digging at the dealership and found the bulletin, but like folks have said on here it’s hidden pretty good and if you give vin or ask about recalls it won’t show up

But if the recall was for P1k5's only you should not have received the recall. I do not know Pioneers well enough to understand why the recall would only be for 5's, both 5's and 3's have the same engine underneath don't they?

H

Honda-SxS-P3

But if the recall was for P1k5's only you should not have received the recall. I do not know Pioneers well enough to understand why the recall would only be for 5's, both 5's and 3's have the same engine underneath don't they?
Yea i didn’t receive the recall bc it was only issued for the 5’s but the same exact thing has happened to mine so that’s why they are sending info to Honda. They both have same engine and drivetrain

Reactions: ZeroG and Hondasxs
H

Honda-SxS-P3

Well....bad news. Honda says they are not covering the engine! So if anyone needs a low mileage, shiny, only driven to church on Sunday, boat anchor! Just lmk thanks! :mad:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!