FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats a good start.
If its the injector wire and the way that bugger misses Im willing to bet that plug is fouled all to hell cuz of it. See it all the time on Generators I work on every day. $hitty ignition causes plugs to foul. Your on the right track
Here’s the old spark plugs. The plug on the right is the #2 spark plug.
I did replace them both this evening.

IMG 0431 IMG 0432

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This evening I replaced the spark plugs, and replaced the fuel injector plugs.
It now runs on both cylinders, the way it should! I’m going to change the air filter since I have the shrouds off and it’s easier to access in its current state.
IMG 0429
This was the #2 injector plug, the wire just pulled out when I unplugged it from the injector.
IMG 0433
Got it connected and heat shrunk with the supplied connectors from the club store.
IMG 0435
Both are connected and working properly.
IMG 0436
All installed, not sure about how loose or tight the wires should be, I’m considering leaving them like this. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to tie the wires up?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Without changing the spark plugs,
I was able to remove the seat back and heat shield this evening, and just a quick visual with the engine off, everything looked to be intact. After running the engine for a few minutes to about 1 bar on the temp gauge, I started poking around the injector wires, the front injector wire seems to be good, but when I touched the rear injector wire the engine sputtered like before. I’ll replace the plugs with the fuel injector plug kits and retest.
Here’s a video I took when I had the engine running.
Dude - I just want to thank you for that video - I knew that some Pioneers had problems with broken injector wiring but that footage made it perfectly clear what's happening. Kudos - 👍 👍

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It now runs on both cylinders, the way it should! I’m going to change the air filter since I have the shrouds off and it’s easier to access in its current state. View attachment 420448This was the #2 injector plug, the wire just pulled out when I unplugged it from the injector. View attachment 420449Got it connected and heat shrunk with the supplied connectors from the club store. View attachment 420450Both are connected and working properly. View attachment 420451All installed, not sure about how loose or tight the wires should be, I’m considering leaving them like this. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to tie the wires up?
Great job. I would leave them loose as long as they aren’t rubbing somewhere.

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dude - I just want to thank you for that video - I knew that some Pioneers had problems with broken injector wiring but that footage made it perfectly clear what's happening. Kudos - 👍 👍
Yes sir, I’ve heard about it happening with other folks too but didn’t think it’d happen to mine since it sits in the garage most of the time! 😫 lol. I hate not knowing what’s wrong with it. I’m just glad it was something simple, and with the amount of knowledge in this forum with y’all it makes working on the machine at home easier to do than reading the manual; (for me).

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It now runs on both cylinders, the way it should! I’m going to change the air filter since I have the shrouds off and it’s easier to access in its current state. View attachment 420448This was the #2 injector plug, the wire just pulled out when I unplugged it from the injector. View attachment 420449Got it connected and heat shrunk with the supplied connectors from the club store. View attachment 420450Both are connected and working properly. View attachment 420451All installed, not sure about how loose or tight the wires should be, I’m considering leaving them like this. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to tie the wires up?
Awesome, glad that was the fix 👍 thanks for reporting back.

I wouldn't stress the wires as long as they're not in the way of anything else they should be fine they way they are up there. 🤘

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes sir, I’ve heard about it happening with other folks too but didn’t think it’d happen to mine since it sits in the garage most of the time! 😫 lol. I hate not knowing what’s wrong with it. I’m just glad it was something simple, and with the amount of knowledge in this forum with y’all it makes working on the machine at home easier to do than reading the manual; (for me).
#metoo I'd rather read it here, the manual, while helpful, just isn't the same. :cool:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This morning I was able to look closer at the old injector plug end, and it looks like the outer 6 strands in the green wire were what was holding it together, and the others looked cooked. Maybe from arcing while running?
IMG 0437
IMG 0439
IMG 0447

Thanks y’all for the support.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This morning I was able to look closer at the old injector plug end, and it looks like the outer 6 strands in the green wire were what was holding it together, and the others looked cooked. Maybe from arcing while running? View attachment 420481View attachment 420482View attachment 420483

Thanks y’all for the support.
Thanks for keeping the thread updated and the video/pics with solution. Lotta people just go dark after we help and never report back for the next guy in need of a fix for similar issues.

Glad you got it going again 👍

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!